Cheating husbands. How can I help one get through it?

A girl at work was sharing with me info about her husband saying he cheated. She had been with him for 6 years and he had been with other women during the whole marriage, she’s pretty damaged emotionally drinking getting drunk every night and her family don’t care for her are unsupportive telling her just to get over it. I feel like I want to help her in some way but don’t know how as she’s so much older than me, she would probably have more life experience anyway on dealing with the matter. But is there anything I can say/help her with though to send her in the right direction of getting help? Like if I ask her if she’s gone to see a counsellor about it. Or what kind of advice would you suggest if ever you were in this situation? Your advice is much appreciated.

I'm 20 by the way, but she's in around her late 30s. I feel horrible even discussing this as it's her story it's like I'm somewhat breaking into her privacy and expressing it out to the world... but your advice would be so helpful for other women too going through the same/similar experience I guess. And really, I just want to help.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• She needs to be shown how much she is worth and that her husband has disrespected her and betrayed her, so you need to keep convincing her that she deserves better and that her talents can claim so much more from a man if only she realizes how much she really is worth to the right man, and also direct her away from this sad case of a marriage because holding on to something that's not there will damage her more, because its not her fault he done this, its just that he is a disrespectful knob. She will need a friend, and it will take time, but telling her what she deserves and that its not her fault and that a man will show his worth to her as long as she realizes what's she is worth in the first place,x