My boyfriend cheated on me with his ex girlfriend, do I give him a second chance?

So my boyfriend and I are at different colleges, about 7 hours apart. We decided to stay together after high school since neither of us wanted things to end. We have been together about 9 months and have said I love you, blah blah blah. Things were going real well and just recently I got a text from him saying that his ex girlfriend (the girl before me whom he dated for about two years, on and off) visited him over the weekend and they had hooked up (as in having sex) I was shocked and devastated. I don't think he was going to tell me at first but he said the guilt and regret was killing him. I truly believe he is sorry and that he won't do it again and I have always been a firm believer in second chances. Do I give him a second chance? I truly love him and he has been a staple in my life and I can't picture life without him. So do I end things, continue the relationship, or take a break and see where it goes from there? Any and all advice would be extremely helpful right now as I can't even think straight anymore.

26

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that he told you the truth on something that big shows that he does love you. I believe that he is genuinely sorry. If you love him, stay with him but do not let him go unpunished for what he did. Show him that this is his last chance and that it will take a LONG time until he can earn your trust. Don't yell at him and do not bicker at him, show that you are there for him and that you are genuinely disappointed. I do not think you should take a break, I think you guys should get away and go somewhere away from your home to sort things out. Embrace each other and make sure he buys you two dozen roses that fact that you gave him a 2nd chance. It is worth it. If he ever does it again or he shows one ounce of flirtation to his ex, leave him immediately and don't discuss anything with him.