Many guys my age like the single life too much. How do I find those who don't?

I'm 21 and I'm recently single (it's been 3 weeks). Throughout my 2 year relationship, I rarely went out with my friends because their night out is always Friday and Friday was my set ''date night'' every week. Now that I'm single, I go to the student bars every Friday night from 5 PM to one AM. I got to meet lots of new people since the breakup, I had lots of fun and I got a bit frisky with a new guy (that didn't last). It's always fun while it lasts, but I've come to realize that after guys get to know that I'm available, they either

a) Don't make moves on me (either because they're not interested, have a girlfriend or don't have the guts)

b) Try to figure out if I'm the bangable type who'd agree to fool around with them (which I am not).

Since the breakup, I haven't met one single guy who showed genuine interest in me for a serious relationship. I understand that guys at bars are just looking for a good time but heck, they're guys I have a lot in common with and with whom a relationship would be very feasable (same uni, same age, common friends and hobbies, potentially living nearby). Why don't they take advantage of this and try to pursue me properly? It's not like I'm uninteresting, socially awkward or very physically repulsive! It's like guys don't take me seriously and once they realize that I'm a strong woman, I know what I want and I won't do one night stands, I get straight into the friend zone.

Besides, all the guys I know who would like to find the woman of their lives either

a) Have too much baggage (ex: ''My best buddy stole my girlfriend", ''I got cockteased by a girl all summer and she dumped me'')

b) Aren't the alpha male (ex: Would wait around for me to make all the moves)

c) Are friend zoned

I don't know in which libraries you go to but after over 4 years studying in science, in all the libraries I've been to, NOBODY ever chats. People just focus on the stuff they're doing without even paying attention to whomever is around.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• No alpha male types willing to sweep you off your feet, eh? Sounds like you're f***ed. Relationships with betas, or casual stuff with alphas. Your choice, champ!

"b) Try to figure out if I'm the bangable type who'd agree to fool around with them (which I am not)."

"I had lots of fun and I got a bit frisky with a new guy"

Hmm...maybe you should go for the casual stuff with the alphas.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yay thanks so much for such motivational thoughts. I won't go for the casual stuff. I never have and never will. Let's see how long it'll last until I get myself 11 cats and turn myself into an elderly home. Sweet

• Ah yes, the friend who all the guys want that makes you feel totally rejected, I presume?

Good luck, anyways.

• Lol yeah that's right. Thanks!