How do I break it to the guy that likes me that we will never happen?

One of the guys in my group of friends wants to be with me but I don't know how to break it to him that we will never be together. He doesn't have a job, not in school and doesn't plan on it. I like him but I have a 4 month old son and I will need someone who can help provide, not someone I have to provide for.

How would you suggest I tell him that we won't be together? He really likes me and it will break his heart. I want him to believe me but I don't want to bemean

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the way you phrased it here sounds pragmatic and sensible. I think you should tell it to him the way you told us, and maybe throw in an "I'm sorry" or two in there, somewhere. But yeah as bad as it sounds, you gotta break some hearts sometimes. It can get awkward if you don't, not to mention it would be far meaner to stretch this out, because intentional or not it kinda either leads him on, or breaks his heart much slower. Both of which are worse.

Brave heart, Snaves04. You're gonna have to just do it.

Sorry.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE