Would you take back your boyfriend after he admitted to cheating on you?

We are in an LDR and he cheated on me with his ex who lives in his home town.He said he was looking for excitement and apologized for hurting me.I love him but am just really not sure anymore and the fact that the ex is closer to him what if he keeps hooking up with her?.Am really hurt that he lied to me but at the same time he apologized and said am the one just that I can't keep things interesting.I don't understand how one is supposed to keep things interesting in an LDR.Am confused...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would never take him back.

You cannot trust a cheater. A cheater is someone who is so selfish, inconsiderate, and not respectful of the bond you have built. I understand that there can be tempation, but someone who truly cares for you and wants to protect your feelings and your relationship is going to have some self control even if it means completely removing themselves from the situation. Not only that, but once you cheat once, it's so easy to do it the second time. Cheating is complete betrayal. If you take him back and he does it again, you only have yourself to blame because it was foolish for you to remain with him after he showed you what he's about.

Now that I've explained that: Your boyfriend is a f***ing a**hole. He was "just looking for excitement"? Reallllly? Seriously!? What an ass! If he wanted excitement, he could have gone to an amusement park! It is a shady ass situation. It's even worse that he cheated with his ex because they've already had an emotional connection, he's periodically slipped his d*** in her and knows about her sex moves/may miss having a sex life with her, and she's got an advantage over you: she's closer to him. You need to break up with him and don't look back

1|0
    0|0
    • Now that you have mentioned it,i can see how offending that was.I mean excitement!

• It's really incredibly disrespectful and very offensive.

What's he gonna do the next time he wants a little excitement, turn to the nearest hooker, catch ghonorea, then give it to you? Seriously, he's an ass and the most he deserves is a mirror image of his own disgracefulness.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It depends on the relationship and the situation, but if that happens I think it's usually a good reason to end the relationship. There are other guys in your town.

1|0
    0|0
    • Right now I feel like am incapable of loving someone else but I will try and see how this goes.

• Things get better though. Your feels don't always reflect reality.

• Don't take him back. I was with a girl who cheated on me and it was horrible. I made the mistake of trying again and she cheated again with a different guy. Tigers rarely change their stripes.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he came up to you on his own accord, I would consider it. If he intended on keeping it a secret, and you managed to find out after you pried the information out of him, I would break up.

0|0
    0|0
    • He kinda came up to me but it was after I had been asking him about why he has some other chick all over his fb.Then he said it was an ex but he later got back with her and cheated on me.Should I ask him to delete the pictures?.

• Show All
    • Okay, I know this is going to seem difficult but I'm telling you the truth, so here goes:

You have every right to be paranoid. Also every right to flip out at him. But you chose to forgive him, and in doing so, you need to TRULY forgive him. That means no creating friction, no crazy digging. You have to remember that every time you bring it up, it WILL antagonize him and it WILL become difficult for him to be around you. Remember this. Seriously.

• Lol,yes I agree no crazy digging but I don't know if I will be able to not dig

• No I would not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump him

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you can trust a cheater, ever. If he's done it once he will most certainly do it again. If you really want to keep being with him, a good way to get infidelity out of the equation is an open relationship. He can go with whomever he wants (as long as he doesn't lie to you and uses protection) and you can do the same. But if you need for him to stay faithful to have a relationship, I don't see a future for you two, LDR or not, that's no excuse (I've been in a LDR and I had no problem keeping my penis inside my pants, AT ALL).

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah,i just don't know why I can't be realistic.And the open relationship thing would be okay if I wasn't in love with this guy.I just can't think of him getting on with other girls openly.

• Show All
    • You might ask him how many times he cheated on you and then tell him you will be with him if you can cheat on him that many times. You'll see the face of hypocrisy and that might make things easier for you. It will hurt, but you won't feel like you are throwing away an opportunity to make things work.

• Haha that would really get to him.

What Girls Said 4

• Nope. I was also in a LDR for 4 years and I know now that he was cheating on me pretty much the entire time.

It has nothing to do with distance...I've known a number of couples who had LDRs successfully until they were able to close the distance.

Sadly, though, it is easier for cheaters when they are LD because they can hide things much, much better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, it depends on the act. A kiss, I can overlook and give a second chance IF he swears it won't happen again and follows through on that promise. If it was sex, no, that's a deal breaker and I would end the relationship immediately. The fact that he's blaming you for his actions is wrong and you don't deserve that.

Long distance relationships are hard but they're even harder without trust. Personally, it doesn't seem to me like you can trust him. I think you should just move on. However, if you really think it won't happen again then you could stay although it really sickens me that he's trying to make YOU feel guilty for HIS infidelity. It's something you really need to think about.

1|0
    1|0
  • Hell. Nooooooooooooooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • I just don't have it in me to tolerate cheating. Once he cheats, I can NEVER trust him again. It'll always be in my mind, is he doing it again, is he wanting to, is he trying to, etc. I can't stand it, and the betrayal is just too much to bear.

I wouldn't take him back, no. There's no way to know if he'll do it again.

3|0
    0|0
    • I agree completely. I'd rather be single than be in a relationship where I become this suspecting, paranoid, insecure female because my boyfriend alredy betrayed me once.

• Yes!.Thanx this is it.I have to let go no matter what.

• I'm so sorry though. I wish you the best!

Recommended myTakes