I rear-ended a car, panicked, and drove off, how to amend the situation?

So after a quiet Monday night shift, I left earlier than usual at the movie theater I work at, and there's also a woman's choir group that holds recitals in the mall, and normally they leave before I do on a Monday night.

Anyway, I backed into a white Escalade, and I panicked and drove off (stupid and irresponsible I know). Given that my manager was still working, he could've seen me rear-end it, and there's also mall security in the vicinity, so they could report me.

Aside from chipped paint and the driver's rear side being slightly bent, it's not noticeable, but when I come in next Monday, it's not going to take long for the choir group members put two and two together. So should I ask discretely or publicly address them as a group to find out who I should exchange insurance with?

68

Most Helpful Guy

• Look you can handle it a few different ways.

1.) find out who it is, explain it to them and provide them with your Insurance info. (more than likely they'll be cool)

2.) ...If you know they're gonna be a**holes about it. Just lie and say you left contact info on the windshield and was wondering why they didn't contact you.

Hit and run is pretty serious man. Get off this computer and take care of it IMMEDIATELY. Hopefully they're understanding and don't call the cops. Here in CA a misdemeanor hit and run can cost you 6 months at county jail if it goes bad.