Should it bother me that my ex-girlfriend is involved in drinking?

Should it bother me that my ex-girlfriend is involved in drinking? I want to make it clear that I don’t judge people for their choices and that I have no problem with people drinking. But she’s somewhat of an exception. We broke up amicably several months ago but have chosen not to talk to each other. We’re both college students and attend the same college. Back when we were involved, she promised me several times over that she would never try alcohol and never even think of getting drunk or “s**tfaced,” because it was one of her personal expectations not to. I also said the same, because I had tried it once and didn’t like it. She is such an outstanding student academically and has strict goals in place - a 4.0 student. Recently, several friends told me separately that they saw her at a house party, where she did get “s**tfaced” and eventually passed out.

I found this extremely disheartening and even painful to hear in some ways. Even though it’s none of my business what she does now, it still feels saddening because she was so heartfelt and genuine about staying true to her goals when I knew her, which she now apparently failed. Should I feel this way?

01