Am I stuck in the frend zone with my ex gf?

We dated for a few months back in 2011. Unfortunately, I fell for her pretty fast when she had us introduced. I thought she was ready for a serious relationship as was I. She was 18 at the time, so still young and childish. Anyway, she did a number on me which took a while to recover. However I've always cared deeply for the girl and I've never wavered on how I have felt about her. She's shown signs of potential and whatnot here in the last several months. The odd thing is, she'll talk to me in waves where she'll text me consistently for a few weeks, and wait a few months, etc. I've learned to wait to have her text me first to talk instead of texting her like I'd like. It eats me alive to wonder what she's doing and whatnot but I'm wondering where I stand. She loves giving me a hard time, yet she actually remembered my birthday this year (first time she's done that). Is there a way to figure out where I am with her? I'd love to know what crosses her mind when she thinks of me

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well you are both adults, this is no longer a teenage relationship. I think you should talk to her outright. If you guys could hang out, talk about it over a drink or something. Talking online or through texts about sensitive subjects don't always turn out too well. So I think meeting and you asking her about your relationship and how she feels about you seems to be the best thing to do. Let her know you are curious about how she feels and if she doesn't reciprocate feelings you simple continue being her friend and move on with your life as far as the dating goes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Some risks are worth it and unfortunately some aren't. It's up to you what you do in the end. Personally I would not take a second opportunity with someone who walked away because it would just give them a chance to do it again. From what you're telling us here it doesn't sound like she even knows what she wants from you and if that's the case you'll be in for a tough time trying to please her so much so that you'll forget to do what's right for you.

1|1
    0|0
  • And here's the other thing: Every minute you waste obsessing about/waiting for her is a minute you could be spending meeting other women...including one who will put you first.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it a little offensive that you say she is childish for being 18... I think she is just childish in general.

1|1
    0|0
  • You might be her Plan B. Sorry. Quit waiting around for her, and get busy with living your life.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Hey man look it is hard to let an ex go believe me I am trying my hardest. But you have to figure out what it is you want from the her. You can either continue to believe there is something there and spend a lot of time searching for answers you may never get. You can chose to go the friend route where you two have casual contact but its purely friendly. Or you can cut her out of your life entirely. The truth is people who are your ex's are your ex's for a reason, I did everything I possibly could to see my last relationship would work out but sometimes it is just out of your hands.

1|2
    0|0
  • I agree with the girl who thinks you might be her Plan B (or C, or D)

Sounds like she has you just where she wants you - on the shelf with you having your nose pressed against the glass. Sure, she might dust you off from time to time to keep hope alive in you. But how long has this been going on now? Several months? Yikes!

I suggest you salvage what is left of your dignity and self respect and go find another woman who is truly interested in more than just stringing you along for her own ego boosting.

0|1
    0|0
    • This is the best description ever of the "Plan B" situation. Awesomeness.

• You are no where with her. find someone who's willing to be with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is the pathetic state of dating these days. Everyone takes things casually, gets their pleasure, when the good times are gone, so are they and then they string along the poor byproduct of their hurtful nature by offering friendship. You can't be friends with someone who you not only severely loved but whom severely hurt you.

Hey, word of advice. Stop talking to this chick. No matter how much you think it might work out, its merely a trick of your mind. You only imagine how it could be but that will never be the person it will be with.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes