Am I stuck in the frend zone with my ex gf?

We dated for a few months back in 2011. Unfortunately, I fell for her pretty fast when she had us introduced. I thought she was ready for a serious relationship as was I. She was 18 at the time, so still young and childish. Anyway, she did a number on me which took a while to recover. However I've always cared deeply for the girl and I've never wavered on how I have felt about her. She's shown signs of potential and whatnot here in the last several months. The odd thing is, she'll talk to me in waves where she'll text me consistently for a few weeks, and wait a few months, etc. I've learned to wait to have her text me first to talk instead of texting her like I'd like. It eats me alive to wonder what she's doing and whatnot but I'm wondering where I stand. She loves giving me a hard time, yet she actually remembered my birthday this year (first time she's done that). Is there a way to figure out where I am with her? I'd love to know what crosses her mind when she thinks of me

54

Most Helpful Girl

• well you are both adults, this is no longer a teenage relationship. I think you should talk to her outright. If you guys could hang out, talk about it over a drink or something. Talking online or through texts about sensitive subjects don't always turn out too well. So I think meeting and you asking her about your relationship and how she feels about you seems to be the best thing to do. Let her know you are curious about how she feels and if she doesn't reciprocate feelings you simple continue being her friend and move on with your life as far as the dating goes.