He wants time apart. I see it as a break up. Am I right?

i haven't seen him in two months, we're currently "just friends" because being more means I freak out at him often and he withdraws. it's a bad cycle.

i for one think that if people break up they should just cut ties and move on with their lives. I pretty much told him we should stop talking or work it out.

"Nah I'm saying its probably a good idea to have a little time apart, right now I really think we'd just do the same sh*t. there isn't only two scenarios"

he should man up and just say we should never talk again.

lame.

a break isn't a break it's a break up... agree?

310

Most Helpful Guy

• You should see it as either a breakup, or an excuse he'll use to explore his options, and if he can't do better, he'll be back. Basically anytime someone suggests a break, they're either taking a cowards way out of breaking up with someone, or they're putting them in stasis - some kind of holding pattern - while they do what they want.

Either way, it's a bad sign. Treat it as a breakup. It's better you do. If he won't man up, then you just tell him straight up, that if he even tries this "taking a break" crap, you don't even WANT him back. Tell him to choose now. That or just break up with him yourself, because as I said, it's bad.

• he says he's not f***ing other people, or even wants to.

• You're not going to move on with him doing this. If it's how you said, then this is not something that's going to get better. He's going to keep doing this. At this point, if you want the cycle broken, you're going to have to break up with him completely and tell him how it is. Make up his mind for him, and tell him it's over. After that, the best move is to just kick him completely out of your life and lock the gates. Make it impossible for him to see you, and you just live your life.