Is it true that it's easier for a girl to fall in love for a guy but it's harder for guys to get over a girl?

I don't like to make generalisations but from what I witness it's almost a pattern.

The girl has more strong felllings than the guy and the guy doesn't give or do that much for the relationship than the girl finnaly gets tired and moves on for good and the guy all of sudden after loosing her for good realizes how much he loves her and starts doing all this things to get her back, things he would never do when their were together, when he realizes he is not getting her back he suffers a lot and takes lots of time to get over her.

I've seen this story repeat over and over again it's even happenning to me I really liked this guy and although he liked me too he never showed or act upon it, until one day I moved on and all of the sudden he demonstrates how much he likes me and does all this stuff for me, things I wouldn't even dream he would do before. I heard from is friend that he is really sad and really misses me.

So my question is why does this happens so often? Do you only realize what's good until it's gone

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be, I only know of one guy this has happened too, most of them get over their ex's pretty quick with the arrival of the new girlfriend.

When I got friend zoned the first time a asked a girl to go steady, I won't lie it was devastating, because I had never really experienced such a thing before.

It wasn't that I couldn't handle it, I just went on with my life and had plenty of flings afterward, until I found my wife and pretty much held on to her, trying very hard to not make the same mistakes with my first crush.

So, I'm kinda glad that my first crush friend zoned me, I later realized she and I were very different and probably wouldn't last long anyways.