What can I do to get over my ex?

It's been about a month. I keep thinking I'm over him as I can have times where I won't think about him and be focusing on things.

I just end up thinking about him at the times where I'm not busy doing something. I try to be busy as much as I can but still it's the times like going to sleep , waking up just going for a walk toward where I'm going when I can't stop thinking about him. I'm going through stages of wanting him back and then not wanting him back. I've been on dates but they made me miss him more.

What can I do? I do want him back it's been about 21 days no contact I will try after 30 days to do something it may or may not work just going to try. It's just driving me crazy because I know he already jumped into another relationship very quickly and we were in a very intense one and we didn't break up in a fight or anything . We were always happy. He had strong feelings for me it's just so confusing how he can get over me so quickly. And I know that I may not ever get him back it's just so hard trying to accept that. I just wish I never met the guy now I wouldn't be int his situation now if I hadn't met him. What can I do to get over my ex?
He texted me last night at 4am saying "Wanna hookup ;)" I saw it this morning. I didn't reply.

I guess I know he's thinking of me not it the way I want. I reckon he was drunk when he texted that. His last seen is like 4.30am. Just why is he texting me if he has a girlfriend? I do like him but then I saw that hook up text I'm thinking "is that all you want with me" Is he just starting to miss me?
I'm so confused now even more I feel like I'm actually considering it but that's probably me just wanting him back. The situation is just so messed up now I'm thinking maybe I was only a hook up before. I don't even know what I want anymore. If I text him back I'm falling into his trap and even if I said no I feel he'd say something and I'd change my mind. I still wonder if he's missing me . I'm going to give myself time I'm not gonna text back possibly text him a another time something else,
I still think he has feelings for me I know it's not the best message but I am at the back of his mind if he's texting. Is there a chance of getting him back? or is he ready to talk to me now?

He's just confusing me it's driving me mad I don't know what to do.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Just accept the feelings you still have for him and don't deny them. You don't have to give into them though. One of the things you have to accept is that your relationship with him is over and if you want a chance on getting him back you need to work on your own state of mind first.

You can't continue an old relationship but it is possible (and not very likely) to start a new one with an ex. This can only happen if you really start fresh though. You don't have to have removed your feelings for him but you do need to have them under control and that's hard and takes time.

His current relationship is probably a rebound and won't last too long (but it could). The best way for me to get over an ex has always been accepting things and allowing me to feel bad when I'm alone once a day. Besides that I usualy try that new hobby I've been thinking about for a while and meet up with friends and family more (better not to meet up with mutual friends too much).

Well that's about everything I can think off. It just takes time and patience!

• I have accepted them it's just because all the feelings we had were positive that's why it's harder like I can listen to love songs and that and not even think of him. I just feel he has strong feelings for me and just got scared . I am focusing on myself . I just don't know how I'd get him back like the best messages to send. I heard that after no contact for 30days that's the best I time I did break it twice at the start and then halfway now I'm near 30days. Should I text him? at the end?

• Mm, I'm not sure. Try ignoring him some more and see if he tries again?

• Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. I'm just wondering if that means I must be on his mind maybe perhaps even missing me even if it's not the right way I'd like.