Just for fun: Guys, what are your responses to Taylor Swift songs?

So Taylor Swift writes basically every single song about guys who've broken her heart in some way, shape, or form. I feel for anyone who's ever had such misfortunes befall them, but I just couldn't help but consider what my response to heartbreak songs like hers would be. So, here are some that come to mind right now...

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - "Are you talking about you and me or you and country music?"

Picture To Burn - "Maybe I never had a pickup truck for you to drive in the first place! Maybe I have a Ford Taurus that's constantly falling apart!"

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In - "Then why did you even talk to me in the first place?!?"

Her rendition of "Santa Baby" - "No. Just...no."

And finally, Our Song - My response here is two-fold. 1) "My hand is NOT your seat belt. BUCKLE...UP!" And 2)...WHAT?!? link

So gentlemen, what are yours?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe I saw a jab at her saying her next song was going to be titled 'Maybe I'm the Problem'. Which I'm starting to think is true.

3|3
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I like her music I don't really like her personality

0|1
    0|0
    • I used to know a guy who toured with her once. He said she's a real sweetheart, but not super-intelligent.

• I wouldn't doubt it, she dropped out of high school, then again a lot of musicians have...

• I feel like some singers just sing songs and makes songs that are easy. For example, all of their themes are about something related to love. why? because there's too many songs about love that it makes their minds easier to make up a song based on love.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol

Well every person who has the ability to write songs have written songs about the people who broke their hearts. It helps getting over the person =D Taylor just happens to be a famous songwriter/singer, so yeah, her hearbreak songs are published. Plus, her fans are mostly teenage girls, who also deal with heartbreaks and who actually tend to focus on their heartbreaks more than adults do. So she is also giving what her fans like, I think. Just like any other artist.

I like her though, she seems like a decent girl, not consumed by fame and stripping naked on top of a wrecking ball licking a hammer with hair that makes her look like my cockatoo.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love Taylor Swift! She's awesome and her music is deep.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's really no different from any other artist out there

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 4

• Bill Maher put it best " If Taylor Swift keeps having six terrible break-ups a year and they all start out great and then turn into screaming matches, bitter revenge fantasies and crying jags, she has to write a song called "Maybe It's Me."

Also funny parody of her song aired on Howard Stern Show https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=_kHJD6StP-0

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually like a few of her songs, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually liked her earlier music before she became cynical about dating. Back then she seemed to have this sort of fairy tale view of love, and things obviously didn't work out that way for her, likely due to her fame and how hard it is to find love and make things work when you're famous.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find her and her music annoying.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes