GAG, please help. Boyfriend and I had a huge fight, and now we're "not together". How do I fix this?

Basically, I made a big mistake. I was being childish and stupid. He's my boyfriend of a year and half, and this is our first "big" fight. It was over something stupid, and I secretly feel he's being a tad dramatic but I'm not saying that to him. Basically, I thought he was trying to hook up with the neighbor girl (long story), and we ended up having a big fight about it. I was wrong, but now he says I hurt his feelings really badly and doesn't know if he wants us to be together anymore.

And to be clear, I'm not one of those girls that constantly accuses their boyfriends of cheating on them. It REALLY seemed like something was up, and I wasn't the only one who thought so. But I was dead wrong apparently.

Anyway. In the midst of the breakup fight we had, he said, "We're not dating. We may again someday, but not right now." And then he said I'm amazing, and that he loves me, but I hurt him sometimes. This was about two weeks ago, and he's still sticking to his guns about us not being together anymore, but says it's on the table still. I don't know what this means. Yet he still texts me. If I text him, he texts me back. He still tells me he loves me. But he gets upset if I try to discuss anything with him, and shuts down. I don't know what to do. I feel like maybe he's confused about his feelings for me, or maybe he just needs a little time to get over what happened? I don't know, but I'm freaking out.

If he TRULY wanted to break off the relationship, he wouldn't be still texting me and telling me he loves me, and telling me that we "may" get back together someday... right? Idk, I feel like this is a stupid fight and it's been blown way out of proportion. I just want the drama to end. While I understand why it would hurt that he was wrongly accused of cheating, I still think that ending the relationship over ONE fight is dramatic. I just want to fix it..

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't fix it...only time will. Just give him space.

• Do you think he most likely will come around though? I'm aware you don't know him, and aren't psychic, but just in general... Most couples have fights about things like this at some point in their relationship, right? Many times even worse things, and they still end up back together. And he still tells me he loves me. And he still answers if I text him.

• Well instead of texting - call him and ask if he'd meet up. Honestly from some of the words you use, you aren't taking ANY responsibility for your part in this fight. So I would be VERY apologetic at this meeting if it happens. Do not hint that you think he's being over dramatic. And be sure you FULLY don't have suspicions of him cheating, or we'll be right back here in a few weeks.

• Oh, no I AM taking responsibility. It doesn't sound like it from my question, but I have believe me. I haven't even told him that I think he's being a baby about it, lol. I'm keeping that one all to myself. I'm making this all about me being wrong and him being right. Meeting up is a good idea, but right now I can't, because he's at his mother's house and she lives hours away. It will be a little while before meeting up with him is a possibility. But thanks anyway.