Fighting bad feeling. Advice?

A guy is acting very interested in me, texting me every day and mking a lot of plans together, he is now on a trip, but I wonder how things will be when he's back, when he's with friends and such.

I really like him but I'm afraid he will be an a**hole, or he won't give me the time of the day in a couple of days, idk, it's too good to be true and I'm just waiting for something bad to happen.

My question is: how do I fight these bad feelings? Did you ever have it? How do I get him to want something serious with me?

01

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, is there something specific to him that suggests any of these negative consequences? Or are you thinking of these precisely because he seems like a good thing? You don't need to prejudge a situation before it starts. You can go into it with an open mind and change your judgment about it as needed. If he turns out to be an a-hole, you'll find out, hopefully before he does anything to you. If you keep your eyes open, you'll learn this early and avoid any serious problems. However, if you anticipate the worst for no particular reason, you will be setting up a self-fulfilling prophecy by not treating him right and inviting ill treatment in return.

Your question about wanting him to want you seems at odds with your first questions. Why not play this by ear as well? If you can't stop thinking that he might be bad for you, it's a bit early to want him to want you!

• thanks for your answer, it helped a lot!