What about the exes? Ever happen to you?

How many of you have had an ex come back after dumping you or have wanted an ex back after you dumped them?

I'm not talking about your most recent ex or the "ex that matters." I'm asking how many of you have EVER had an ex come back after dumping you even if you decided not to give it another try.

The reason I ask this is that I was having a discussion with my friends and we realized after asking several people that most have had at least a few exes wanting to try and work things out regardless of gender, length of the relationship, or reason for the breakup.

The thing is most of the time, the person that got dumped had already moved on. Some however have given it another shot and are engaged to be married and others have been back together for an extended period of time. These few couples seem to have an even stronger relationship and appreciate each other more. (at least from my observations while hanging out with them)

Has this ever happened to you? Please share some details such as how long you were together, how long were you apart, whether you tried giving it another shot, etc. for each time.

On the flipside, if you were the one that dumped your s/o in your relationships.. did you ever try to go back to see if things could be worked out?

This is a nonjudgmental poll, just interested to see the results because I think people will be surprised to see how common it is to have an ex come back. Most people online are so negative but they never mention the times where a previous ex wanted to work things out... they are just so wrapped up in the current one haha

feel free to be as negative or positive as you want. I've heard opinions from both sides of the spectrum. exes never come back...exes always come back... it never works out... both appreciate each other more the second time...blah blah blah haha
  • Yes, I've had ex's try to get back together after dumping me
  • No, I've never had any ex's try to get back together after dumping me
  • Yes, I was the dumper and tried to get my ex back
    Vote C
  • No, I was the dumper and never tried to get back with my ex
    Vote D
  • This will be interesting, I just want to see the answers
    Vote E

135

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex who now has a kid and moved out of the country back to the states tried to get back with me. I couldn't believe it. It was super hilarious. He broke up with me because of distance (but possibly was cheating too) and was a total d*** about it.

Two years later he chats me up claiming he never wanted to break up with me but had to, and says that he misses me and is being all flirty and all that bullsh*t. Yeah no.

Why do people think they can get away with sh*t like that? After you reject someone they're not going to want you back!