Why don't people like hearing the truth?

my friend ended our friendship today because I was being honest with her and told her she was getting played. she called me telling me the situation about her boyfriend and his ex constantly keep calling and texting. he gives her the phone when she is around and its obvious the ex know the times she around as well as he do. well when she answer the phone, she try to start drama with the girl who is the guy ex, but her suppose to be boyfriend let her act alone. when she ask him questions while the girl who is his ex is on the phone, he act like he don't care and ignore her. most of all she said he still protect his ex. the only thing I told her is that since you leaving out of states there is a good chance of a breakup. I was just being honest with her. she constantly ask him why she calling but he refuse to get rid of her. she asked for my opinion and I gave it to her. its obvious that he is not over his ex neither is she over him. she think just because she live with him, he love her. but truth be told, his actions make it seem as if she was a mistake. was I wrong for being honest? she asked my opinion and I told her. she said we aren't friends anymore. but if you have been dealing with his ex this long, he's not even willing to get over her nor change his number. he refuse to tell her his ex girlfriend phone number, refuse to tell where she stay at or anything about her. her boyfriend did not indulge in her ignorance nor laughed when she laughed. his ex girlfriend can call 24/24...he ain't doing nothing about it but picking up and answering or responding to her text. so where is the problem? maybe the guy does not wanna get rid of his ex girlfriend maybe you were a mistake. its the honest truth.if him and his ex still have dealing together regardless of what he say, he is hiding something.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I love hearing the truth. The truth is the only thing you end up learning from in the long run.

Id much rather have someone be brutally honest and tell me the reason, rather than me sitting there thinking it out like some episode of CSI.

I'm kinda this way with relationships as well, if a girl doesn't like me, TELL ME for god sakes, so I don't waste my time or yours!

• all I was telling her is, if his ex is still calling his phone after you been dating him for a year, he is just using you. he's not trying to get rid of her at all. she was only there because she needed a place to stay and she leaving next week out of states. he don't even love her, he still love his ex if he protecting her still and let you talk drama by yourself.