I cheated on my boyfriend of 6yrs, is there anyway I can regain his trust?

Ok don't judge me everyone makes mistakes. Anyways about two years ago my boyfriend had to go out of town for some family stuff. I ended up sleeping with this guy I don't know why, it was so stupid of me. So I couldn't stand myself I moved out got my own house and broke up with him. I finally told him about a month after I had moved out. About three months later We ended up getting back together and I moved back in with him. its been two years since I cheated. Now every time I go anywhere he thinks I'm out messing around I don't blame him I know I messed up big time. We fight all the time and he always says I don't love him and don't try to fight for our relationship, but I do I don't want to be with anyone else he's the only person I want or need. Sometimes I think it would be better for both of us to just move on and never talk again but I love him so much and can't stand the thought of not having him in my life. Is there anyway I can regain his trust and we can be healthy and happy again or should we just give up?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey dear... I can understand the phase you are into... and its quite difficult to face a person you love even though he knew what all mess happened... and as per me if the guy love you still its nthng like it.. he is the person...

But if you feel ashamed in front of him or by his words so I would suggest to move on.. but remember that you can only be happy in a new relation if you are able to remove the guit of sleeping with someone else before you take any step.. so make up your mind.. take this thing as normal and then move on and search for a new partner...

1 imp suggestion: Make sure the new partner you find are not a friend or relative of your present BF... if you want to enjoy life.. else whole issue will be screwed up again...

If you like my suggestion so do reply back.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• No, there is no way to regain his trust. You cheated on him, just because you could. You say all you need is him, but you went looking elsewhere. You say you love him, but you hurt him just for sh*ts and giggles. Yes you should cut your losses and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • As you say, people make mistakes, and if he's still angry after two years, I'd gently suggest he get some kind of relationship counseling, or maybe you should both go together.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd expect that in about 2 years time he might trust you as much as he once did.Can you wait that long?

0|0
    0|0
  • He's the only person you want or need? Well, he wasn't all you needed that night.

Damage is done, trust is gone forever.

Just move on, breaking up is inevitable.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it is time to break up and move on from each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion you should have never told him that was very selfish of you. You only told him to make yourself feel better and no other reason. If you do cheat and I personely don't condone it. I have been married 25 years and still happy. Now that he knows you could do it there is no way for him to get it out of his head. You should sit him down one last time tell him how stupid it was and what does he want you to do where he could let it go once and for all. Then agree to it or tell him it is not fair to ever bring up again.if he can't it is over you or him can't live like that. He may say he wants a threesome. If you are willing maybe that would fix but whatever it is that needs to be end of it once and for all no exceptions. Otherwise neither of you will ever truly be happy. He needs to forgive and forget at least never hold against you again or it will never work.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't trust you anymore. For some people, it's just impossible to forget infidelity, and if he is one of those people (which, to me it seems like he is since it's been two years and he's still not over it) you should consider ending the relationship. I'm sure he has forgiven you long ago, but I guess he just can't forget it. I don't think any of you two did something wrong, it's nobody's fault (I mean, you cheated on him, that IS your fault, but you know that already). Sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want it to and we have to end a relationship because it's not good for either of us.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes