Why didn't he just say ok? Why add he though seeing him would bother me?

my ex is picking up something I found at my house that he left and he said leave it on the front porch and I said I would and if I was home I won't bother him.

his response was

I just figured you didn't want to be bothered with me. Yea wherever you want to leave it, just let me know. Thank you

WE broke up because he wasn't thinking of me and I ended up taking care of everything ended up feeling more like a mom and roommate then a girlfriend. So why would he figure him picking up the part from me would bother me why even think of me?

02