Why do people care so much about the divorce rate?

It doesn't happen all the time, but I've seen more

than few people mention in the questions when it's

about relationships. And, I wonder why people care

so much about the divorce rate (especially young

people)? And, why do people look at the statics of

why people get divorced? I'm just curious. It seems

kinda counterproductive, I mean just because there's

numerical reasoning's for why people get divorced, doesn't

mean that there wasn't bigger issue at hand.

Anyway, just wondering what everyone else thinks. Thanks.

610

Most Helpful Guy

• Well a lot less men are marrying nowadays and if you ask them why it's because of all the stories out there of women taking their ex-husbands stuff and just moving along. I don't see a point in marrying myself nowadays and old people tell me I'll change my mind and I can't help but pity them because they just don't see how dangerous it is nowadays for a man to get married.

It's not like the "good old days." A dual income is practically required for the typical family to survive and having kids is a luxury now yet we have girls out there deliberately getting pregnant to screw over their loved ones.

Basically what I'm gonna say in short is that there's many reasons people aren't marrying nowadays and the divorce rate is just something they point to in order to try to validate their point on why marriages don't work well in today's day and age. If you want to know the "bigger issue at hand" many men will tell you how they've been screwed over in a divorce, big time. Some women do as well, but many women out there will say they won't even date a guy who makes less money than them. These are the same women that people mention on the site will freak out if they hear the word "pre-nup."