How do I mention to my boyfriend that I have an issue with tattoo of his ex wife's name?

My boyfriend was married in the past and they have a child together, that baggage has never bothered me. However while getting intimate for the first time, I saw he has his ex wives name tattooed in huge letters across his chest. Where it's entirely impossible to ignore. Up until this point we had been taking things slow, but I'm extremely bothered by the presence of that tattoo. Would it be possible to just ask about his intentions for the tattoo without it being in regards to me? Such as keeping it, cover up, or removal.

By the way they had an incredibly nasty divorce their child is the only good thing to come out of the relationship.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, another illustration of why you shouldn't get a tattoo of someone's name! This would be difficult and probably painful to remove, would leave scarring, etc., but I bet it's not the first time the issue of the tattoo has 'come up' for him!

All you can do is tell him straight out that there's a bit of a problem..I wonder how many times he's wound up in bed alone because of it!