How do I mention to my boyfriend that I have an issue with tattoo of his ex wife's name?

My boyfriend was married in the past and they have a child together, that baggage has never bothered me. However while getting intimate for the first time, I saw he has his ex wives name tattooed in huge letters across his chest. Where it's entirely impossible to ignore. Up until this point we had been taking things slow, but I'm extremely bothered by the presence of that tattoo. Would it be possible to just ask about his intentions for the tattoo without it being in regards to me? Such as keeping it, cover up, or removal.

By the way they had an incredibly nasty divorce their child is the only good thing to come out of the relationship.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, another illustration of why you shouldn't get a tattoo of someone's name! This would be difficult and probably painful to remove, would leave scarring, etc., but I bet it's not the first time the issue of the tattoo has 'come up' for him!

All you can do is tell him straight out that there's a bit of a problem..I wonder how many times he's wound up in bed alone because of it!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I think you have the right to tell him that it bothers you.

If you don't know how, just starve him of sex and then when he asks why you aren't sexually active anymore, then pop open your opinion about the tattoo.

0|0
    0|0
  • This one is tough but id wait till you feel the relationship is getting pretty serious. If he proposes bring it up the NEXT day or later that evening. If I was him, id' want that removed so f***ing fast. It probably bothers him and if he's considerate enough he should know it bugs you.

No ultimatums, just tell him you do it for him if the tables were turned. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If your going to get into a relationship the first thing you want to do is be honest. Be polite about it but be blunt and tell him that it bothers you. Explain how it makes you feel. If he cares about you enough, he will understand and tell you what the deal is and what his intentions are, if he doesn't well then he's not worth being with.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him that you don't appreciate it and that's it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes