What does he want? Breaking up or not?

LDR for almost 4 years, he is a navy and in the ship right now. currently we had argument and clearly it was a misunderstanding but he didn't explain the point where I misunderstood. then I sent email telling him how I felt. the email was a bout asking him why he did curtain things and how he made me felt when he stopped talking when I hasn't really said bout what's on my mind Because I think it's unfair.

he replied that maybe we not gonna understand each other bcoz of this and this and they way I make him feel like he is a bad boyfriend. so I replied that all I wanted to say was that I wanted him to know what bothers me and not doing it. he finished his mail saying that"" he hopes he can be a better friend than a boyfriend , what ever the case may be, he will always be there for me" so is he breaking up with me?

20