Is him moving in a good idea?

we have been seeing each other for 7 years. He has talked of marriage a few times but nothing serious. Lately he has been hinting at moving in with me. I really don't want us to live together unless we are married. No religious reason at all just because I feel like if he moves in and were not married, he will get comfortable and we will never get married. I on the other hand don't want to pressure him to marriage because I feel if someone truly wants to marry you, they will ask. I also believe pressuring him into it will certainly end in divorce because he may not have wanted marriage in the first place.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't marry someone BEFORE I lived with them! It's been 7 years, I don't think moving in together now will have a negative impact on your chances of getting married. Unless, you really don't like each other after living together, then you wouldn't want to marry him anyway, right? I say go for it.

• I wouldn't marry someone WITHOUT having lived with her. QA has been dating 7 yrs, next step before marriage would be trying how it is to live together.

• jacquesvol, why did you comment on my answer to basically say the same thing I just said, but in less words?