Is him moving in a good idea?

we have been seeing each other for 7 years. He has talked of marriage a few times but nothing serious. Lately he has been hinting at moving in with me. I really don't want us to live together unless we are married. No religious reason at all just because I feel like if he moves in and were not married, he will get comfortable and we will never get married. I on the other hand don't want to pressure him to marriage because I feel if someone truly wants to marry you, they will ask. I also believe pressuring him into it will certainly end in divorce because he may not have wanted marriage in the first place.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't marry someone BEFORE I lived with them! It's been 7 years, I don't think moving in together now will have a negative impact on your chances of getting married. Unless, you really don't like each other after living together, then you wouldn't want to marry him anyway, right? I say go for it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't marry someone WITHOUT having lived with her. QA has been dating 7 yrs, next step before marriage would be trying how it is to live together.

• jacquesvol, why did you comment on my answer to basically say the same thing I just said, but in less words?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you have your information. You want to get married, and he doesn't. He does want to move in though, which is 99% of a marriage, right?

The question remaining is whether you are up for the relationship not including a marriage.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Let him move in! Some people have fears of marriage not just because of the commitment it can also be because living with someone changes everything! Him moving in might actually improve your odds of a marriage proposal. But don't even do it for that. It can strengthen a relationship or prove that it's really not meant to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think that you should just tell him what you feel about the situation and then find some middle ground

0|1
    0|0
  • Honey, being married gives you nothing but his name and debts. Its just a piece of paper saying you are legally bound to each other. Living with your partner is just like being married to them. If you love each other you can be together without getting married. You won't have legal bullsh*t to deal with if you ever decide to go your own ways except if you have kids together.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes