Did I end this saving my dignity or blowing it?

To keep it brief, dated this man for 6 months, wasn't going anywhere so I cut it off, he came back, said would like to see where it goes, I said OK. He went away for the weekend didn't hear from him, saw him when he got back didn't hear from for days again. I texted and said his hot and cold behavior was giving me whiplash, no reply the whole day, I said forget about it I was done with him. Next day I felt bad, I apologized, saying I've been stressed out, have been under a lot of pressure and his hot and cold behavior had reached its breaking point with me, but to accept my apology as I shouldn't have reacted that way. I left it for the weekend, figured he was upset with me. Three days had passed, thought I'd test the water with a phone call, no answer. So I left it again, another day passed, I texted, saying I wanted to let him know his clear ignoring me was a passive aggressive attempt to control the situation and a childish way to avoid conflict, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was no longer interested, that I'd had a great time together and I'd see him around.

Was I too persistent? I'm the kind of person that likes things to end on a civil note but I feel that maybe I didn't deal with this situation appropriately. Thoughts?

10