What is he getting at?

Lately my man has been hinting a lot about moving in together and jokingly asking me to marry him. It kinda seems like he is trying to see my reaction to it. Do you think maybe he wants to propose but fears rejection? An example..just now he called me and as soon as I answered he said "F" it babe were getting married. If that jerk (my ex) gets out (jail) and you go back to him I don't know what I would do" So I say the only way I would marry you is if you quit drinking and he said "for you I will" Then I told him there is no way in hell I would go back with my ex and he says there's only one way to solidify that and that is to change my last name to his. Then, I say when is this going to happen and he turns it into a joke and says when we get married and starts laughing and then he says that was pretty clever huh. I am confused as to wether he is serious or not. We been dating for 7 years. So, what do you guys think? How long will it be before he really proposes or do you think he is full of B.S?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• well you said you don't want to marry him unless he quits drinking,i would say that because say he does, then you marry him and he goes back to drinking after you are married a while...big mistake, he should quit for himself first,and as far as him joking about it, he is just testing u,but either way, he needs to quit drinking on his own first..He probably does want to marry you and made it into a joke when you mentioned the drinking so he doesn't feel rejected.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE