When/at what point do you break up? (Regular Version)

When do you guys decide to break up a (healthy) relationship you're in with someone?

Note: this is the 'regular' version referring to non-negative relationships including:

- abuse

- cheating

- substance abuse

- medical problems

- etc

Please select the best-fitting answer:
  • When I realize there's no future with this person.
    Vote A
  • When it's no longer convenient
    Vote B
  • When it's no longer meeting my needs.
    Vote C
  • When I can't give them what they want/need.
    Vote D
  • I'm moving/planning to move
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A: I wouldn't leave my Girlfriend if she was sick and almost die. which should I say when she need me the most. So nope.

B: I wouldn't start a relationship with some1 if haven't ready for anything. nope.

C: I can fulfill my own needs. nope.

D: Well, this is the hard one. What use of me, if I can't even give my Girlfriend what she want/need. It wouldn't start a relationship if this occur in the first place. But if it's occur in the middle of relationship. well she better be off with some1 who can provide it. So yeah.

E: Definitely no for me. But if my Girlfriend who want to, what can I say?.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't really think the first one was about death/etc. I took it to mean falling out of love (which I don't really think is possible) or just realising you wouldn't want to spend the rest of your life with someone because of differences, etc.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I would say none of those.. its more like I don't like this person anymore. I don't think in terms of future or needs so much as how much I enjoy their company.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd have no problem dating a girl who I have no future with or when it's inconvenient... but if my needs are not getting met, what's the point ?

0|0
    0|0
  • All of these options boil down to option c (needs not being met).

1|0
    0|0
  • When you want something else more than you want to be in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • There must be something 'healthier' waiting around the corner...

No guy just gives something good up like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No future with this person.

0|0
    0|0
  • A. Once there is no future with them it is over.

0|0
    0|0
  • what about its because I am bored of my girlfriend because she is too nice ? and being a nice girl means being a boring girl...?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand. If I'm in a healthy relationship, why would I want to break up? None of the options you give us describe a healthy relationship. If I feel there's no future with my partner, that's not a healthy relationship. If I was with someone because it was convenient, that's not healthy either. From the moment my partner doesn't meet my needs or I don't meet hers, that's no longer a healthy relationship. If I'm moving or planning to move, I haven't an immediate reason to break up. I would stay with her for as long as I feel I want to. When I no longer want to be with her, then I break up.

But again, if I'm with someone I don't want to be with, that's not a healthy relationship.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I think if you're questioning the relationship and asking when it's time to break up, it probably is time. All the things you've listed are perfectly fine reasons to break up with someone, except C (relationships shouldn't be about convenience, in my opinion).

2|0
    0|0
  • Both A & D. I've only had to break up a healthy relationship once, and it was because I couldn't give them what they needed or deserved. It was actually the healthiest relationship I ever had, but I wasn't as into the relationship as he was.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I realize there's no future with this person. If you don't feel comfortable with him anymore and you are not happy when he is around. And most of all you are not inspired to create a future with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Combination of A and D. For me because of various reasons D is the cause of A.

0|0
    0|0
  • A: When I realize there's no future with this person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually A.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to go with B.

I'm the kind of girl that leaves her emotions out of it. I'll flirt with you, gone on dates with you, maybe even have sex with you...

But, that's all it is to it. On to the next one. And later if I see you again sparks fly and were back at square one.

If it become more and I develop deeper feelings for you,our friendship is really over.

I'm a runner prefer to stay unattached. Free spirited, leave me to wonder. Don't attempt to tie me down.

Anyway I definitely have to go with when it's no longer convenient for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • it really depends. I wouldn't want to stay together if there is no future

0|0
    0|0
  • This question doesn't make much sense. In a healthy relationship, both parties needs are being met. If they're not, then it's not a healthy relationship. I likely wouldn't break up a "healthy" relationship unless I was planning on moving or they were and we couldn't live close by. I don't do LDR's.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes