My girlfriend told me she was abused as a child!

This Monday my girlfriend told me that she was abused as a child and told me who did it... Is a brother of her ex stepfather .

Now my heart hurts so much and I just want to kill the guy or do something to make him pay for it... But she don't want me to do anything... But I can't just be the same knowing this guy is out there and her can do it again e not get punished.

And she told me that I'm the only one she told it to...

What should I do !?

I want to do something to this guy , but on the other hand it can make her feel worse.

Thank you all for your time and help.

I'm trying to let it go and just focusing on make her happy.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• you should do nothing except be a good boyfriend to her.

she has to be able to trust that she can tell you things and you will just listen rather than react. confronting either of these people is pointless and really is a selfish act considering that the only person who wants to confront them is you.

just be a great boyfriend, which I imagine you are if she felt comfortable to tell you and only you. comfort her, be there for her and give her a great example of what a good guy can be.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks.

Its really hard and painful not to do anything... But I guess you are right.

• oh I know what you mean. I dated a girl who's father physicall abused her at various points in her life (not sexual). every time I saw him I just had so much rage in me I could barely bring myself to be polite to him at all...so I know the feeling. it's a good sign though and it's probably part of the reason she felt comfortable telling you, because she knew you would be sympathetic and understanding