Should I move in with my ex fwb?

Im 19 turning 20 in 2 months. I've been saving up to move out but no luck without a car. My parents say tey will help but never do. They don't want me getting another tattoo and we have had problems since I was in middle school. My step dad especially wants to control my life. My step dad has only given my family money not love and he doesn't respect me or my mom, but my mom will always stick up for him. They both want me to quit my job and mystep dad always pressures me to go for a money career even if your unhappy. We never see eye to eye and I feel its extremely negative and controlling place to be. My ex friends with benefits and current friend knows my situation. We were going to move out but I called off sex so we're friends. he's getting a free car and wants to give it to me since he already has one. To pay him back I'd move in with him and pay 50/50. he's more worried about me paying my half and he is OK with dating other people. I really want to since my parents are making me go to school full time if I'm working full time. I don't want to risk classes like that but they see themselves as right and I have no say in the materr, I can't even wear shorts because my tattoo is on my thigh. They said I can never wear shorts again. I love my tattoo and I hate to hide it for their perspective and not mine. I've rarely done things for myself so I'm considering this. The only downside is my parents believe there's no such thing as a guy friend and I know they'll assume I'm going to have sex with him. My first time wasn't consentual so I didn't care for protection for a while but now I'm going to save that step for marriage so I won't be having sex with the guy I'm moving in for sure. I need different perspectives, please.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• you are almst 20 so you are old enough now to make the right decisions for your life with all the things your parents have raised you to believe you can now make an informed decision,even though your parents disagree, You should share a place w your friend,reassure your parents tht you will not be sharing a bed with him but even then,it is your business.It seems like a good move, free care and splitting bills 50/59 that and you get your own space . good luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE