Should I move in with my ex fwb?

Im 19 turning 20 in 2 months. I've been saving up to move out but no luck without a car. My parents say tey will help but never do. They don't want me getting another tattoo and we have had problems since I was in middle school. My step dad especially wants to control my life. My step dad has only given my family money not love and he doesn't respect me or my mom, but my mom will always stick up for him. They both want me to quit my job and mystep dad always pressures me to go for a money career even if your unhappy. We never see eye to eye and I feel its extremely negative and controlling place to be. My ex friends with benefits and current friend knows my situation. We were going to move out but I called off sex so we're friends. he's getting a free car and wants to give it to me since he already has one. To pay him back I'd move in with him and pay 50/50. he's more worried about me paying my half and he is OK with dating other people. I really want to since my parents are making me go to school full time if I'm working full time. I don't want to risk classes like that but they see themselves as right and I have no say in the materr, I can't even wear shorts because my tattoo is on my thigh. They said I can never wear shorts again. I love my tattoo and I hate to hide it for their perspective and not mine. I've rarely done things for myself so I'm considering this. The only downside is my parents believe there's no such thing as a guy friend and I know they'll assume I'm going to have sex with him. My first time wasn't consentual so I didn't care for protection for a while but now I'm going to save that step for marriage so I won't be having sex with the guy I'm moving in for sure. I need different perspectives, please.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• you are almst 20 so you are old enough now to make the right decisions for your life with all the things your parents have raised you to believe you can now make an informed decision,even though your parents disagree, You should share a place w your friend,reassure your parents tht you will not be sharing a bed with him but even then,it is your business.It seems like a good move, free care and splitting bills 50/59 that and you get your own space . good luck

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You will have a hard time attracting a boyfriend if you are living with a guy you used to hook up with.

1|0
    0|0
    • Moving out is more important though. To have more freedom, less stress and just room to breath and make my decisions. I'd rather have peace of mind before a relationship

• this is a good response(below) you are not trying to impress any dudes right now,besides the day you meet someone he will understand and trust u, and you can go hang out at his place,but for now,go for it

• Youll end up.having sex. Either you don't move in or you move in. if you move in id tell him he gets laid and you get cheaper rent. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Couple of things here. Yeah, your folks sound EXTREMELY controlling. It doesn't sound like they're gonna relax their grip. Might be time to move out. Making you wear clothing to cover your tattoos is kinda BS.

As for the roommate situation...idk doesn't sound realistic. You're gonna end up having sex. Look, once that sex barrier is broken it's easy to fall back into it. We get lonely sometimes and nothing sounds better than cuddling with someone we trust. He might be a stand up dude but you'll might feel obligated to have sex if he initiates it. Since he pretty much is giving you a car and don't want to go back home. Already, I can tell you that you won't be finding any guys that want a serious relationship with you. It's just too weird of a living situation.

My advice, find another way to move out. Don't be that girl that's basically just beholden to a dude because she has no other means to live off of. I know you think it's just that easy, dude says no sex involved. What happens if sh*t goes sour between you, you really wanna' go back home this way. I'm more angry at your folks, they're basically pushing you into this. Good Luck.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• DO you think you can move in with somebody who had sex with you (not consensual) and who was a former friends with benefits? Is he just giving you a car for no reason or does he want something in return? If you don't want to have sex with him then don't move in with him. Stay with your parents and if they don't want you to work then go to school full time until you are ready to work.

0|0
    0|0
    • hes giving me the car to help out since that's what's really holding me bck, in return I pay my half which he's more worried about since he doesn't want to pay extra, he respects my decision to not have sex with him. I don't want to go 2 school, I want to work so I can get out & get my own place then school, when I take classes they have my information so look at my school stuff daily & my step dad thinks he can answer everything, I hate his big ego it makes me not like taking classes

Recommended myTakes