Do girls like nice guys?

Do girls like nice guys ?.

I just wanted to ask if girls like a nice guy ?.

This girl I work with I like she has a boyfriend, so its hard but to honest I'm just happy talking to her even how much I like her, I wouden't like the thought of her cheating because she could cheat on me if we dated.

She called me a nice guy, when on break I got her a drink I was getting one myself and she said your such a nice guy, is it the kiss of death when a girl says that ?.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to be completely honest with you and tell you that I would never approach a nice guy. Girls are more attracted to mystery and like the chase. BUT I would totally be in a relationship with a nice guy.

I know that seems kind of confusing, and I don't know if I'm phrasing it the right way, but basically the a**holes are the ones that I think about 24/7 and who I think I want to date, but they are also the ones that either you never get to date them and just fantasize about it, or you actually do date them and realize what horrible people they are. Nice guys are the other way around...I wouldn't go after a nice guy, or constantly think about him, but if we were to become friends and he was super nice, and he asked me out, I would say yes, and I would realize what an amazing guy he is.

It's sort of like if you are an a**hole, everyone wants to be with you but break up with you quickly.

If you're a nice guy, nobody wants to be with you, but when you find the right person, it lasts for a very long time and it is absolutely amazing.

Everyone says nice guys finish last, and that is entirely true. They finish last because all the girls have to go through the layer of jerks before they realize the nice guy is the one they want.

0|3
    4|1
    • Speak for yourself, sweetie. I've NEVER shared those views. In fact, once a guy shows me he's a jerk, I IMMEDIATELY lose interest because it makes me feel like he lacks compassion and sensitivity.

Why is it that you feel like jerks are so attractive?

• because unlike you sunshine, she's honest with herself ;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Girls? Maybe not. Women? If they're wise, yes.

Lets get one thing straight: there's a significant difference between a girl, who has not matured and usually doesn't possess the life experience to filter out foolishness vs a WOMAN.

Now, you have to keep in mind that FOOLISHNESS IS NEUTRAL. Some people never grow out of foolish, self-sabotaging mentalities. Yes, realistically there are women, who usually did not have an outstanding example as a father to show them how a woman should be treated, and they are attracted to jerks. But really, it's just that they don't have the self love enough to believe that they deserve to be treated right. It's not about the "nice guy" being less desirable; it's about the woman having misplaced her self worth. Because if she hadn't, she'd realize that she deserves better treatment. So don't be like many of those "nice guys" who become very self-absorbed, self-conscious and make the issue all about them, negating from a woman's psychological path in life.

Women want men to treat them nicely. Now there is a misonception that "nice guys" are passive pushovers who allow women to walk all over them, manipulate them, and use them. THAT is unnattractive. It presents many problems such as the dynamic in the relationship, it bores the woman and will cause her to lack respect and consideration for the man's feelings, and if he's that passive, he probably can't protect her.

0|0
    0|1
    • whoops, I meant *foolishness is gender neutral*

• highondrugs, stop stalking my posts with your irrational rants.

• zeke; Listen up. If you choose the intellectual route highondrugs has chosen: WOMEN WILL NOT WANT YOU. I don't mean this in a nasty way, I am being geuine. The "nice guys" here who rant and judge women, generalizing all of us negatively with no factual knowledge on our individual personalities, make "nice guys' look HORRIBLE. They give women reason to assume the worse of a "nice guy" because maybe he's bitter and jaded for not being as desirable as some jerk out there.

• I like nice guys but not passive ones. A lot of people mistake passive behavior for kindness. Somebody who proactively goes out of their way to help people is very attractive.

1|1
    0|0
  • Personally, I don't really like Bad guys, sure they seem interesting but I would never go for them. Nice is good, but don't go after a girl who's already taken because that would make you an a-hole. Whether Being a nice guy or not is a good thing depends on the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like nice guys.

Jerks are self absorbed and don't make good partners.

I don't know why girls sign off nice guys. Who else would you like to date?

I date for a relationship and actual feelings, not just some quick fling. That's pointless to me.

It's good you don't want her to cheat, even for you.

She probably appreciates you.

Honestly though if her boyfriend is a jerk then she understands how nice you are but is just one of those girls that like 'bad boys'

if he's a cool dude then she the compliment means a lot more

0|1
    0|0
  • I like nice guys (not boring ones) and I had like one before but by the time he shown interest in me...I had moved on.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course we do like nice guy

but if she has a bf...then keep your line

0|0
    0|0
  • sure but not a push over

0|0
    0|0
  • If by nice guys you mean guys who can't approach me and make a move then no I don't like those.

Why don't you focus on a girl who doesn't have a boyfriend? There are plenty out there.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nice guys with confidence are hot! My husband is one of them! My dad is another! Nice doesn't mean walk over...

I would avoid doing the nice things for her until she's yours...she'll consider you easy and a doormat.

You're such a nice guy line...is sweet but you have to compensate by being assertive and competent in other areas. What's your look like and are you considered 'too soft?'

Just realize that she will want you if you give her what she is looking for...as in her needs...

1|1
    0|0
    • ''I would avoid doing the nice things for her until she's yours...she'll consider you easy and a doormat.''

I like your answer!.. can you elaborate more on how to avoid doing nice things ? is him buying her a drink considered easy ? I am just curious .. because sometimes I want to be considerate ... how can one know if he is viewed as a doormat or easy while he thinks he is being a gentleman or considerate ?

• Your standard should be...if you're nice, be obviously nice to everyone. Not just one person in particular. Only do the nice 'stand out things' to the person you are dating. You can be considerate to others but you have to balance it out by being assertive or standing up for yourself when need be- not allowing everything to happen to you. You can do many nice things for people but then they 'use you' or manipulate you. Chose to be nice but not overly nice to people who don't care about you.

• Sure. There's girls out there that want nice guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wan't to date a disrespecting jerk that's or sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Don't listen to guys who say "be an a**hole, it will get you girls.". And honestly, I'm tired of hearing the "nice guy vs. a**hole" argument. Nice isn't the end all and be all of valuable character traits. I have never heard a dude say "Charasmatic dudes who make their intentions clear always get the girl, girls never go for whiny guys who never properly express themselves." I have heard a man say "Nice guys finish last!" Niceness is, of course, appreciated by a great many women, and is often a key thing we desire, but it is not the only trait.

1|1
    0|0
    • "Charasmatic dudes who make their intentions clear always get the girl, girls never go for whiny guys who never properly express themselves."

Truth

What Guys Said 15

• Nice guys? Sure! But push-overs? Not so much.

Don't read too much into it man. She's taken. Don't try being too nice as it will just make you look desperate and she'll quickly pick up the signs that you're interested in her. Just be friends with her and if down the road she ends up breaking up with her boyfriend, you may have a chance. But don't try anything while she's with someone.

2|2
    0|0
  • nice to see this new, refreshing question I haven't heard in like 2 days...

2|0
    0|1
  • Nice is another word for respectful. It's not a bad thing, but it's not a good thing...

0|1
    1|1
  • They are never attracted to the nice guy unless he is good looking. Trust me. I have been called cute a number of times and never been on a date because of first my anxietyand shyness around people especially girls but secondly because iI do t exhibit traits that girls want in a guy... Confident powerful, has direction and purpose. I don't actually think that I am good looking or cute or whatever but it just goes to show that girls are more for the sexy\hot look with the highly visible masculinity that will drive them crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they despise, loathe them, hate them, they are arousing to them as a booger!

0|0
    1|0
  • Girls say I'm nice all the time, it doesn't mean anything. At least, I think so.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not exactly,girls like nice guys,that varies from girl to girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah that's not something you want to hear

0|0
    1|1
  • You have no chance. You have been friend zoned.

0|0
    0|1
  • only if you're not aggressive?

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls go for guys who show leadership. They always say they don't want a pushover. Nice guys are careful not to step on the anyone's toes, which does not show that they're confident with themselves or are able to control the situation. Even if you're a super confident guy who never steps out of his natural character, you can not click with someone and that's fine, at least you're being yourself.

You might get a little peck on the cheek or even something more by being nice, but you're pu$$ywhipped in her eyes from that point on. She knows she can come to you to cry about whatever's upsetting her, or if she needs a ride, or if she wants to get a free drink..all because you just want her approval or company.

They use nice guys to get drinks or compliments, but they go for the guys who can win them over by being themselves and not resorting to kind actions that anyone can do. They don't always have to be jerks, but they do have to be sure of themselves. They like "good guys", not "nice guys". Good guys present a challenge in some way. If there's nothing a partner can improve upon in a relationship, it gets stagnant whether you'd like to admit it or not. Nice guys deliberately avoid any challenges, or at least do it externally but bottle it up inside then release the rage passive-aggressively.

1|0
    0|0
  • No they don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very unique question indeed. Girls do like nice guys if they have an edge. Sometimes though "nice" guys are creepy and have no balls. Those are the "nice" guys that women do not care for. Yes you got the kiss of death with her saying that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in my experience. I've been called nice by a ton of girls, it certainly hasn't helped me get a girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your answer is here: link

Girls want to like nice guys but they go for jerks.

0|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes