How should I tell her that I like her?

I've known this girl for almost half a year now and I really like her but was afraid to make moves and tell her my feelings because I was confused if she felt the same way. Recently, I saw her hang out and flirt with another guy and she knew I was there watching them. So I got the feeling that she moved on or was never interested in me in the first place. I thought about just forgetting her and move on but something inside me tells me that I'll regret forever if I just end it like this. I'm thinking about just telling her straight up face to face, but let me know your experiences and suggestions.

Also, just wondering. I have definitely been giving signs that I like her and I think she knows that I like her. But she's a nice person and not the type to bluntly reject another person. So could flirting with another guy in front of me be her trying indirectly say she's not interested?

124

Most Helpful Girl

• So it's been like 5 months I'm guessing or 5 1/2 since you said known for almost half a year. Females get just as nervous as the guys and sometimes we don't know what to say or do either. Everyone is different. if she's the type that isn't blunt then try & ask her out to hang out...if you've already done that, step it up a notch with a dinner or something sweeter. The whole flirting with the other guy could be to make you jealous & notice her or she doesn't like you (being honest) or shh maybe she has no idea how you feel so she was just being her...once she knows that you're digging her & she continues to flirt with other people and so forth then yup she's trying to let you down easy. (females don't wanna hurt feelings so some try to do that stuff to kinda show'em...But also sometimes when we like a guy we tend to act awkward because we may feel we're "doing too much" when we really are not doing anything, lol...

You just wanna try and step it up before you become friend-zoned , maybe if you think flowers is too much and she likes sweets, cookies are a nice idea (my friend) use to pass by my job and drop off cookies a lot & started to invite me out to hangout, mostly motorcycle rides...and we started to get closer...then I started to notice he liked me more than a friend...the cookies I loved, and I kept wondering if I should give him a chance, he would text me good morning & goodnight texts, little hints on how he doesn't do that to other girls and shh was working I was starting to like him...but then something happened, noticed the way he thinks and he wasn't being a gentleman, killed it...we're still cool but I'm not romantically interested in him anymore.

So what I did was keep it friendly, but every time he would try & say something I would flat out joke sorta but say how he was annoying and when he invited me out, I would say no. I would tell him I was going on dates with other guys & so forth...

So from what you wrote you're not there yet, Good...just ask her out, try thr texting thing too or the cookie idea or something, if she loves pizza for example, ask her if she'd wanna make one with you for dinner, keep it cute & fun...wanna get a feel for her ya know...and pay attention to how she reacts and what she says...sometimes females get nervous and shy when they like a guy...and notice body language, does she turn towards you, does she pat you or brush against you at times, is she replying to your messages, etc... I know I wrote a lot sorry but hope something helps & good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE