How should I tell her that I like her?

I've known this girl for almost half a year now and I really like her but was afraid to make moves and tell her my feelings because I was confused if she felt the same way. Recently, I saw her hang out and flirt with another guy and she knew I was there watching them. So I got the feeling that she moved on or was never interested in me in the first place. I thought about just forgetting her and move on but something inside me tells me that I'll regret forever if I just end it like this. I'm thinking about just telling her straight up face to face, but let me know your experiences and suggestions.

Updates:
Also, just wondering. I have definitely been giving signs that I like her and I think she knows that I like her. But she's a nice person and not the type to bluntly reject another person. So could flirting with another guy in front of me be her trying indirectly say she's not interested?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So it's been like 5 months I'm guessing or 5 1/2 since you said known for almost half a year. Females get just as nervous as the guys and sometimes we don't know what to say or do either. Everyone is different. if she's the type that isn't blunt then try & ask her out to hang out...if you've already done that, step it up a notch with a dinner or something sweeter. The whole flirting with the other guy could be to make you jealous & notice her or she doesn't like you (being honest) or shh maybe she has no idea how you feel so she was just being her...once she knows that you're digging her & she continues to flirt with other people and so forth then yup she's trying to let you down easy. (females don't wanna hurt feelings so some try to do that stuff to kinda show'em...But also sometimes when we like a guy we tend to act awkward because we may feel we're "doing too much" when we really are not doing anything, lol...

You just wanna try and step it up before you become friend-zoned , maybe if you think flowers is too much and she likes sweets, cookies are a nice idea (my friend) use to pass by my job and drop off cookies a lot & started to invite me out to hangout, mostly motorcycle rides...and we started to get closer...then I started to notice he liked me more than a friend...the cookies I loved, and I kept wondering if I should give him a chance, he would text me good morning & goodnight texts, little hints on how he doesn't do that to other girls and shh was working I was starting to like him...but then something happened, noticed the way he thinks and he wasn't being a gentleman, killed it...we're still cool but I'm not romantically interested in him anymore.

So what I did was keep it friendly, but every time he would try & say something I would flat out joke sorta but say how he was annoying and when he invited me out, I would say no. I would tell him I was going on dates with other guys & so forth...

So from what you wrote you're not there yet, Good...just ask her out, try thr texting thing too or the cookie idea or something, if she loves pizza for example, ask her if she'd wanna make one with you for dinner, keep it cute & fun...wanna get a feel for her ya know...and pay attention to how she reacts and what she says...sometimes females get nervous and shy when they like a guy...and notice body language, does she turn towards you, does she pat you or brush against you at times, is she replying to your messages, etc... I know I wrote a lot sorry but hope something helps & good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• I think you should tell her how you feel before it's too late. What if she starts dating that other guy? And just because she didn't notice you at first doesn't mean she won't notice you later on. If she is unresponsive after you tell her, then forget it completely.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm I don't know about her flirting with another guy. But you gotta take a chance at it if you ever want to be with her. I think its the sweetest thing. Ill be walking around campus and I think its the cutest thing when a shy guy is able just to strike up the courage to say a weak hi. I mean I'm not gonna bite and I'm sure she won't either. But just tell her how you feel. Don't be nervous just be you and if it was meant to be then everything will work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • just put it straight out there bro I mean I'm a girl and if I was close with a boy and he asked me out and I rejected him or something I wouldn't avoid him and nothing would be awkward but she's a lucky girl having you as a friend and if you asked her out it will make her that bit luckier to be with you babe xxx

1|0
    0|0
  • She was probably flirting with that guy in front of you in hopes you would get jealous. She probably wanted to gauge your reaction to decipher if you liked her as well. OR she could have just been flirting with the guy. But girls LOVE attention. I think you should tell her, but make it sound sweet. Make her melt brotatoe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. You never know, so I would give it your all. Do it while you can, I wish I had guts like you. If not, you'll always regret it, get the closure, even if you find out she isn't interested. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like you know her well but need to move beyond just friends. I don't think it is important to tell her right now but instead show her. ask her out on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well she's a girl and she isn't going to ask you out lol you need to man up and ask her out on a date! It seems like she might like you so you should defeneitly text her and become closer. She might have been flirting with the guy in front of you to make you jealous and hoping that you'd gain confidence to go over and ask her out. So I think you should walk up to her and ask her out! And if she doesn't seem to like you like that then tell her you were thinking of inviting some other friends too so it's a win win situation! Go for it!

2|0
    0|0
  • She might not know you like you like, so so tell her and doesn't like you back you could at least get some clarity and can move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • does she avoid you or face u? I don't think she's interested...idk it goes either way here...perhaps she's just being nice and doesn't like being mean to people

0|0
    0|0
  • She a nice person not to sit there and reject yhu blunty. Then I wouldn't take her flirting with guys in front of yhu a sign she's not into yhu but a test. To see if yhu would get jealous or say f*** it and look for another girl. She's probably trying to see how much yhu like her . Sounds like a test to me...

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell her..If she likes you that's great...if she doesn't at least your not wasting your time trying to figure out if she feels the same.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Among the apples hit the nail on the head. If you just straight up tell her it will be awkward. So use your actions to show her and make her think about you. Hug her, brush her hand when walking, touch her leg with your leg under the table, etc

3|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell her. That'll just lead to a long conversation that you won't win. Just show her. Ask her to do something and make your move.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask her out, if she says yes then you got a date. If no then she doesn't feel the same as you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well You have noting to loose after all right now I think.

Ask her to go somewhere you can freely talk and tell her how much you like her or love her,

But you must use right words.

You can use these scipt if you want:

Look we know each other for months and I think I falled love with you since I saw you.

I wasn't know that till I see you with that guy you hang out these days.

If you don't want me like that way it's okay for me and I won't disturbe you again.

but if you accept me, you will make me happyest lover in the world.

I just wanted to tell my feeling about you for to don't say "i wish" someday in the future.. :)

Keep eye contact while saying that..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes