How do I tell my ex girlfriend that I'm sorry for being clingy and it wouldn't happen again?

Me and my ex girlfriend dated for 8 months. She broke up with me about 2 months ago for being clingy, obsessive, and pushing her away on accident. After we broke up we became closer to each other than we were when we we're dating but I was still being clingy and didn't even know it. Now we rarely talk to each other and all I want to do is at least get her back in my life and eventually get back together with her if it works out. I just don't know what to do. I can't find the right words to say and I don't want it to get any worse. I kind've went off on her last night because I heard about her talking to another guy but I feel like I had a right to. I just really need someone to tell me what to do. She is an independent girl. She isn't like most girls, you really have to fight to deserve her. I thought about writing her a letter but haven't figured out what to say or if that would even be the right thing to do. I really miss her and hope for a miracle for her to come back in my life.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• why do you have a right to? if she wants to talk to another guy she can, she's not dating you and hasn't been for 2 months.

what did you do to be clingy? for me clingyness is so off putting I wouldn't date the guy again because I know his whole nature is just clingy and he would be trying to prevent himself showing it all the time

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I was obsessive with gifts and saying that I loved her to much I guess. I also didn't give her space when she needed it. I really screwed up . I really wanna fix it but I don't know how

• i don't think you can :/ hopefully she is forgiving and willing to give you another shot, how about trying to be friends and being quite laid back around her to show you're over being clingy? you could then ask her out on a date if she's still single after a few weeks.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I think that's something you'll have to prove through your actions. You can't tell her that and just expect her to believe it. She has to see you act that way to prove it. And don't go off when you hear about her with guys. That makes you look bad. Try to find another way to deal with that disappointment.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 4

• You tell her by not contacting her. That's not being clingy.

As for you snapping on her, just say sorry for that, and you probably won't get a reply, if she's a nice person she will reply, but if she doesn't reply. Don't say I'm sorry for anything else, you have to walk away.

Your strong enough to walk, trust me, and you will find someone else that loves your attention and doesn't think your clingy.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're acting clingy right now

0|0
    0|0
  • I just wish this was a troll but I suspect it isn't :(

1|0
    0|0
    • These are signs of an abuser.

• So at one point was she your property and maybe still your property?

1|0
    0|0
    • Also so sick of people not knowing the word "too". TOO much...walked to the store. I have two apples. You being too clingy forced her to leave you.

Recommended myTakes