Is regretting a break-up normal?

Let's say I was friends with benefits with this guy, as we both decided not to be in a serious relationship, but we used to hang out, go out and have sex.

Last week, I realized that I miss him when he isn't around, but the problem is that he is always busy with his job (a lot of projects and travelling) and I didn't thought it was fair for me to wait until he is available (twice a month) to go out.

So.. as it wasn't a "serious relationship", I decided to text him (I know, not the most mature thing in the world) and tell him I was done. He told me he would like to talk and take coffee. I said yes, but then my best friend was like: "No, he is such a jerk" and then I told him no.

Now I regret everything I did. I'm 100% sure he isn't the one, but I still I miss him. Is it normal to feel this way after a "break-up"? How do you guys deal with this?

20