My boyfriend wants us to move in with his parents after the wedding?

Allright so his parents own a whole building and gave a whole floor to each of their kids..one of which is my boyfriend's, and he is planning for us to move there, something that completely freaked me out. He is the oldest son so he feels responsible towards his parents, and siblings..but I don't know if I can deal with that, I talked to him , he showed support and he said he will see if he can do something about it, but for that he needs money to buy another appartment and I don't want to put that kind of pressure on him , nor do I want to look like the bad guy who came between him and his parents. I mean, I love his family, but I need my privacy! Drama will be more prone to take place if I live in the same building with his family.. what do you guys think about this ? Am I missing something ? by the way I have a ton of family issues, I'm the oldest too .. I have 3 other siblings, my dad is a violent jerk and my mum suffered a lot..maybe that's why I freaked out , I just want a peaceful life with my husband!

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It's good to be within range of your parents when they get old. They took care of you when you were young, and they'll likely need a hand or two when they get old. For the most part people try to care for themselves, but age makes a lot of things more difficult. Moving some furniture, fixing a sink, computer, toilet, etc. might be necessary. It's ad***move to turn them down and not lend a hand when they worked half their life to prepare for you and then bring you up and support you to give you the chance you had.

• I knoow I get that , but I am sure we can do that even if we like half an hour away. Besides, his mom seems to be complicated, I am afraid she will start stalking me , and I won't be able to go out freely..I don't know ..

• lol, well I guess you guys could always rent out that floor and get your own place somewhere around there. He likely has to hold on to it, it was a gesture by his family to insure he always has shelter and stability. He can't just sell it off, it would defeat the purpose of the gesture and be an insult to his family.