How do I break up with him?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now. But at about 6 months in, we started to get a little rocky. My feelings for him started to change, I kept at the relationship because I thought it was just a phase, but months and months later I just can't stand to be around him anymore. We barely talk, see each other, and when we're together its so hard for me to kiss him, let alone hold his hand. It seems like we're only still together because we don't have the time to talk about anything. I care about him, and hurting him is what stops me from breaking it off, but I really need out. We both want different things, but he just doesn't want to accept it and keeps holding on. He was the jealous and clingy type from the start, but back then I thought it was cute, because well.. Everything is cute in the honeymoon stage -.- But its getting suffocating. He hates me talking to my male friends. Gets jealous when I go out with girl friends. He completely lost all of his friends because he doesn't give any effort into any of his other relationships since we dated.. He even goes through my phone and deletes my male contacts..

I don't know what to do. His family and mine are really close, and it would just make such a mess if I ended things. And in a way, I'm scared to because it's been so long. What's worse is that he stopped taking his anti-depressants when we started dating. Any suggestions? I'm really out of energy with this..

10