Would you date your ex's friend?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me 2.5 years ago, we only dated for 6 months. Ever since we broke up, his friend has spoken to me and been very flirty. For the first year I sorta dismissed his flirting but recently I've been having feelings for him. I know my ex doesn't know about the relationship we have, but would you date your ex's friend in this scenario?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is probably not wise best case scenario you get a new relationship worst case you lose two friends and there respect. Truthfully your ex's friend is the only one who can safely break that barrier. Doesn't mean he would go behind his back and then you would have a relationship that started on a lie. If you truly wish to pursue these feelings the best course of action would be to communicate intentions with both parties. Nobody wants to be the girl that came between two best friends nobody wins there

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• How close of friends are they?

0|0
    0|0
    • Theyre good friends but theyre not really close

• Show All
    • That's a long time. If it's a friend that he has hung out with a lot now, and maybe even in the past, then he probably won't go for it. Guys are generally very loyal to one another. If they're just acquaintances or have become acquaintances, then he'll probably go for it, especially if he really likes you.

• Also depends on how cool her ex is with the break up. Does he have another girlfriend now?mwas he really heartbroken back then? Do you think he would have difficulties seing the two of you together? I'd never date one of my friends recent exes, except maybe for one friend who has a new girlfriend every month and never really cares about any of them. So he'd be over it pretty quickly. For the others it would be too hard for them to face.

• it's the wrong thing to do... but knowing what most girls are like you will probably just go and do it anyway

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No I wouldn't. I wouldn't want my ex to date one of my friend's, so I think that its just respectful to stay away.

0|0
    0|0
  • well it's been 5X the amount of time you dated. I think it would be O.K. But there would be some awkward scenarios.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes