Move in with boyfriend?

I've been with my boyfriend for about a year and we want to move in together. We have a great relationship- good communication and chemistry and very compatible. That being said, he has two puppys that are not fully house trained and I'm nervous it's going to start a huge fight. For example, last night I had the worst sleep ever because of the dogs. One of them cried ALL night from her crate. We went to bed at midnight and woke up at 2 am, 4 am, 5 am and then I just got up at 6 am. He is a heavy sleeper so he doesn't always hear her cry so I have to wake him up to let her out, get water, etc. The other dog sleeps on a dog bed in the bedroom but jumps up on the bed in the middle of the night so that wakes me up. Then it lays on my feet and it annoys the crap out of me. He is somewhat understanding but is very sensitive about the dogs. They are like his children. He doesn't understand why I don't want the dog sleeping in the bed. I told him I'm a very very light sleeper and the sound of a car driving by wakes me up. Even if I wear earplugs I wake up. The earplugs do help somewhat so that's good. I'm willing to compromise but I'm afraid he thinks I'm just a nag and I ended up getting frustrated this morning because I was extremely tired, have an hr long commute and work 8 straight hours. I need my sleep. I'm OK if it was every other night but it's every night I sleep there. He sent me a text after I left and said he wants to work it out and he still wants me to move in but I'm afraid I hurt his feelings because this morning I said maybe I wasn't ready to move in and he got defensive. It's so hard for me to be patient, sensitive and caring when inside I'm frustrated and exhausted. He said we would talk about it later when the two of us weren't cranky and headed to work. Did I blow my chances of moving in? Is there hope for us? Is this a deal breaker? HELP!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• follow your first mind you already know what you're going to do anyway

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Umm did you blow your chances of moving in? If you two are in a serious enough relationship where the idea of moving in together is being discussed, I don't think this little issue with the dogs is going to end things lol...I am a huge dog person so all of the issues you are describing would not be issues at all for me, but I do understand (and your boyfriend should too) that not everyone enjoys having the dog sleep in their bed, and that you don't want to be woken up by a crying puppy. SO the only advice I can give is that maybe you should put off moving in for another few months. During that time, your boyfriend should work really hard to train them (like, get them into the habit of peeing before bed, going to bed at a certain time, letting them out right when they wake up, not letting them sleep on the bed, etc.), and then you can move in and not have to deal with these issues.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes