Do you get intimidated by people who have had a long-term relationship?

Say you meet a nice gir/guy. Later on you find out they were in a long-term relationship (whatever "long term" means to you) and so they add you on Facebook..you see their old pictures with their ex..looking so happy and all! Does that intimidate you at all? Make you feel "ahh, they look so happy.. what if I can't measure up to that?"

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No. But sometimes I think women get intimated when they learn that I've been in one (six years and I'm 31). I dated a girl recently who's longest relationship was like eight months, and I could tell that the discrepancy made her a little uneasy.

As for the picture thing, well, I don't really understand that. Why someone would leave pics on their FB of them and an old partner is beyond me, and frankly, I wouldn't like it either.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I can see how this might look intimidating but it's actually a really good sign. It shows that person can handle a long term and committed relationship. However, after I broke up with my long term SO I soon after went through my Facebook and took off all of the pics of me and her partly for this very reason. It's not like it ended on bad terms and I still have all the photos but it helps to show that I've moved on. That's the only thing that would concern me if I were in your position.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. What happened in the past is in the past. Plain and simple. Some people just can't get over that though

0|0
    0|0
  • not in particular no.. but I wouldn't take those thoughts too seriously if I were you, cause that's just your mind worrying about things.

0|0
    0|0
  • not really its kinda expected of them

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I am envious of happy couples that have been married for 30 years or 50 etc

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely.

I start to wonder if I'm even their type, good looking enough, etc. or If I can make them just as happy as that person did. But what I don't get is why do they still have a picture of their ex if the relationship is over. That makes me think twice about even trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't get intimidated, but I do get a little jealous that I don't haven't found that special one yet.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No. If you plan on having a serious relationship, I think it's better to be with someone who already had one. I always felt like a person needs that type of experience in their past in order to be truly committed. I'd get intimidated if someone never had a serious relationship, because it would seem like they don't know how to commit.

I'd only feel intimidated by a past relationship, long or short, if I had an impression he isn't 100% over her.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't exactly get intimidated by people who have been in long term relationships, but I do get a little jealous of the person they were with. To be with someone that long, you have to have strong feelings and I always wonder if they are over that person fully. I usually don't care about peoples pasts, but when you find the person you want to marry, it's hard to think that someone else had their heart at one point. Idk, maybe I just love too hard, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd honestly look for that in an ideal partner who I'm just becoming interested in, because it shows he can handle commitment. But when you've had feelings for the person and they've moved onto someone else and it's clearly gotten to the point of "long term"... that's hard to deal with sometimes. It's really only bothered me once that badly though. Simply because I had really deep and strong feelings for the guy, but it was a purely online thing... so the girl he's with now got all the things I never got to experience... just holding his hand, touching his face, kissing him... She got all of that, and I didn't get anything, and I know that those sensual things would have meant the world to me, even though I've moved on a little. I still wonder if his feelings for me were real and how much of what he said he actually meant... and I think I might be getting off topic, so I'll stop there lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, everyone looks happier in pics anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes