To those who have dumped people before, what did you tell the last one you dumped?

Just curious, at what people usually do when they dump someone. see poll
  • I made something up because it was easier
  • I just stopped talking to them, no texts, calls, nada
  • I actually told them the whole truth
    Vote C
  • I told them the partial truth, but not all of it.
    Vote D
  • I did something else. (say what you did)
    Vote E

157

Most Helpful Girl

• It was actually my first time to ever dump someone...lol. And I told him the entire truth, because honestly, I'm about 99.9% sure that he already knew. We had only known each other for a few weeks and had only been officially dating for a couple of days...and throughout all of that, he knew that my heart really still belonged to my ex-boyfriend (even when I said that it didn't). And when my ex started really making an effort to get me back, I knew that I could either stay with the other guy and cheat on him or just break it off and go back to my ex...and since I definitely didn't want to be a cheater, I knew what I had to do. It definitely wasn't easy, but in the end, I am so much happier, and I have a feeling that he is, too. He deserves someone that's going to devote her whole heart and soul to him. That someone is not me, but I know he'll find her someday. Plus, with him being an agnostic and me being a Christian and him wanting another kid (he already has two) ASAP and me not wanting one for several more years...we wouldn't have lasted long even if my ex hadn't come back into the picture, so, it's all good.