To those who have dumped people before, what did you tell the last one you dumped?

Just curious, at what people usually do when they dump someone. see poll
  • I made something up because it was easier
    Vote A
  • I just stopped talking to them, no texts, calls, nada
    Vote B
  • I actually told them the whole truth
    Vote C
  • I told them the partial truth, but not all of it.
    Vote D
  • I did something else. (say what you did)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It was actually my first time to ever dump someone...lol. And I told him the entire truth, because honestly, I'm about 99.9% sure that he already knew. We had only known each other for a few weeks and had only been officially dating for a couple of days...and throughout all of that, he knew that my heart really still belonged to my ex-boyfriend (even when I said that it didn't). And when my ex started really making an effort to get me back, I knew that I could either stay with the other guy and cheat on him or just break it off and go back to my ex...and since I definitely didn't want to be a cheater, I knew what I had to do. It definitely wasn't easy, but in the end, I am so much happier, and I have a feeling that he is, too. He deserves someone that's going to devote her whole heart and soul to him. That someone is not me, but I know he'll find her someday. Plus, with him being an agnostic and me being a Christian and him wanting another kid (he already has two) ASAP and me not wanting one for several more years...we wouldn't have lasted long even if my ex hadn't come back into the picture, so, it's all good.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I haven't dumped anyone, but having had an ex who simply decided the relationship was over and never told me ( I found out because my friend asked me what happened when they considered going out after him saying he was single) simply stopping contact is never an acceptable way to break it of with someone. Ever!

3|1
    0|0
  • Partial truth.

It was becoming clear to me that he cared about me a lot more than I cared about him. Not to say that I didn't care about him at all, but he wanted much more out of our relationship than I did.

Our relationship was also about to turn long-distance and again, he was willing to work through it but I couldn't justify it. I told him I wasn't ready for that kind of relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • We never had an official break up.

We had the biggest blow out of arguments over the phone,

And I never called him back because I have never felt so disrespected.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually told them the whole truth, and in a way he agreed with me, and we sort of mutually agreed that a breakup was for the best. It was a very long distance relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I avoid these awkward situations by staying single.

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually told him the truth..we remained.friends for awhile after thst. But then I had to tell him to get lost after he made a pass at me:/

0|0
    0|0
    • he probably never got over you

• I lived with him, so I told him to move out. He left. I've talked to him a couple of times since then.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told him. . . "baby, it's not me...it's you" and then I hung up on him.

Lol, no. But in all honesty, I've only had two real relationships in my life. & my last boyfriend ended up cheating on me. He would get angry that I couldn't hang out with him every night, and he would get jealous over every little thing. So, he went out one night, got drunk, and I found out about it.

He kept apologizing, and telling me it was because he was drunk. & he kept on trying for months and months to contact me, but I'm sorry, I will not take any one back if they cheat on me. The last thing I said to him was, "I can forgive you very easily, but I will never forget. & if we don't have trust, we don't have a relationship"

I truly did love him at some point, but I knew I deserved better. He knew I deserved better. What sucks the most though is that now I have deep trust issues all due to one relationship.

0|0
    1|0
  • Mutual agreement that the relationship should end. People changed..

1|0
    0|0
  • C or D depending on the situation then B

0|0
    0|0
  • Start an agument for something! lol, THEN dump em!

0|0
    0|0
  • I told him it simply was not working because I didn't want it to and I felt like we should've tried to know each other better before jumping in a relationship.

The truth was I realized I could never love him and started liking him even less. He also pressured me to have sex with him constantly and I was far from ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • B, and not proud. I couldn't deal with it. Other times, I said my job was taking over, and it was all too much. Also not proud of that one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told him, "You scare me. I know you think you love me, but putting your hands on another person in anger is not love."

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• My official break ups are always calm. I never break up with people from the heat of the moment during arguments.

Last thing I said was describing how irrational thoughts can not match.

0|0
    0|0
  • I told her "You don't deserve me" and then never contacted her again

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like drama. Not at all.

vote B 5 times.

With three girls there was another guy ready to pick her up and I knew it. No explanations needed thus. I just had to wait for the moment she was close enough with that guy, take a distance and let things go their natural way. No drama.

Yes, some were a wee bit butt hurt, disappointed in fact: they thought I'd start a row or so...I wasn't happy either. That's life. One must be realist.

Two never spoke to me again. I feel sorry for them but HOW can one say to a teen 'No, you're too young for more than a kiss' without hurting her? Which teen girl will believe that from a teen guy?

The last one, no teen: Vote E. I went to her marriage with a present. No explanations needed. No hard words. She was just wondering why I accepted it so well. ROFLMAO. I know she felt a bit guilty. She had reasons to.

1|0
    0|0
  • "See you tomorrow" ( I lied)

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not you it's me...

0|0
    0|0
  • Told her I was just using her for practice until someone better came along. Someone did, so I said that's it.

0|0
    0|1
  • I told her I had a rash that I couldn't explain.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes