Why do couples divorce each other after 10yrs of marriage?

some say lack of trust! could that be true? I don't just get it. pls tell me what you understand.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You could ask 3 out of 4 women who divorced their husband,and they wouldn't have a reason.They might have BS reason,like "He did everything well enough,but I just fell out of love".

They could give other reasons that sound more convincing.They'll give different reasons to different people,depending on what that person is likely to believe.Often enough,they never mentioned any of it to their husband (and he still hasn't heard a reason),because he would have done something about it if there was any truth to it.

It's rarely because of infidelity,or financial problems.

It's rarely because of what couples see as their major problems.Even after they fix these problems (and some do),they still divorce.More often,they just throw it away without trying to fix anything;then make the same mistakes with someone else.

Lack of appreciation for what a partner does is probably the biggest reason.Taking them for granted,and expecting that you're just "entitled" to all they do.Only looking at what you've done,and not seeing all the little (and big) things they do for you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• No matter what, yeah cheating and all the others just come down to ONE thing. These people change. Over the course of 10 years, they learn to see things differently. For one it means they don't want to sleep with their wife, and for another that they don't like their lifestyle. Or who the other person has become.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be lack of trust.. could be a number of things. It is a very sad situation. A family member of mine is going through a situation like that, but it's because of alcoholism

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents got divorced because my father was cheating on my mother, so the lack of trust is usually with good reason

0|0
    0|0
  • lack of communication would be a common one.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think 1) they rely way too heavily on being compatible, 2) (expands on 1) marriage becomes a logical step rather than a fixed and decisive point, 3) people focus too much on what they want from the marriage and not what the other person needs, and 4) prenuptial agreements. Those are a few that come to mind right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be anything. It doesn't have to be any specific thing like cheating. People just grow apart. They once loved each other and no longer do.

People change over time and sometimes they change in a way that the relationship no longer works. It's not necessarily one person's fault, maybe neither of their fault. Sometimes it's just time to move on. After ten years hopefully they give it some good thought before acting. But I think most couples know it isn't working for a long time before they actually split.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes