Are you right or left-eyed?

Make a circle with your thumb and first finger. With both eyes open look at an object on the wall or in the distance, and centre it inside the circle. Now close one eye, and then the other.

What’s happening?

When you closed your left or right eye you should have found that the object jumps outside the circle. If the object seemed to move when you closed your left eye – then you have left eye dominance. If the object moved more when your right eye was closed, then your right eye is the dominant one.

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It all depends on which hand I used it would change left & right.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm asking about eyes

• Thats what I mean if I make a circle using my right hand preference goes to the right like wise if I use the left. Or am I doing it wrong?

• Right eyed

0|0
    0|0
  • My left eye is dominant, but I'm right handed. I've learned to shoot a gun/bow with my left hand for that reason.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Right The weird or interesting thing is that I can't close my right eye while keeping my left open. I can obviously keep both open and both closed, but I can't only close my right eye. When I closed my left eye, everything is in the same place (object and circle).

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure my left eye is dominant, although according to the anonymous answer, I am right handed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Right handed with a right eye 'dominance'

0|0
    0|0
  • Then how does binocular vision work. Doesn't the visual cortex just

Anyway right hand, right eye better. left hand left hand better

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes