Why does she want to be my friend?

Hi all,

I had a long distance relationship with my ex girlfriend and decided not to pursue the relationship anymore fearing her an I will be hurt. I love the girl to death and during the breakup could not stop thinking about her. on many occasions, our common friends told me she kept asking about me, and as result, I decided to initiate contact with her. when reinitiated contact again, she was very receptive , told me how much she appreciates me, even pointing out that I am her first boyfriend. however, she wants us to be friends and ask me to give her time ( WHY) I am ready to be in a relationship with her. we talk very often and I always feel like she is not as emotionally involved as before ( is she hidding her feelings, or is she just not interested?) . I plan to visit her in our home town next month and she does not mind. I fear that I am wasting my time with her cos I have been waiting for 3 months.. please advise

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems to me she's being careful because you hurted her by breaking up with her. Try giving her some space and ask her if she wants to meet up a few days before your planning to go to her hometown. Tell her you want to talk about things and then just explain her how you felt when you broke up and what you want right now. Also listen to what she has to say.

Talking in person always beats talking indirectly over phone or text/chat.

• She wants to be friends mostly likelu because she really cares for you and friends is better than not having you in her life . The reason she's so cautious now is because she's probley justc gotten to a point where she can see you just as a friend...and now you want more again. Your asking her to risk getting her heart hurt again by u. Which I bet she will risk it but you have to prove to her your not gonna do it again. Just be honest an open with her hun.

• No problem!

• Thank you. your comments are helpful