2 years after break-up, ex-boyfriend still acts resentful towards me, why?

every time I try to have a normal conversation with him, he makes subtle comments at what happened during the time we were together,as if he was trying to make me feel bad..why does he need to do that after all this time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he's still hurt. He's not doing it purposefully. He is still hurt. He hasn't been able to "forget".

Some people can forget, others cannot. He is clearly the person that can't forget. But look at it this way, so what that he brings this stuff up, that's his insecurity now that he is showing you. If you can work through that, I guarantee you, your relationship after will be stronger then what it was before.

If you really wanna be with him, work through his misery this one time. But after when you had said "im sorry", or "yes I get what I did wrong, and it won't happen again". Then he has to promise you to not throw stuff like this in your face after. And I'm pretty sure he wont. He's just getting past a little hurt he has. That's all. Just work through it and everything will be fine. I promise.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Because he's still not over it and can't handle with you being over it. So he wants to make you feel bad so you'll apologize or at least feel as bad as him (or worse). It aggrivates him that it's not working. That's the only thing I can think of. Did you break up with him or not? If you did, it could also be because he can't deal with being dumped, no matter by whom.

0|0
    0|0
    • I dumped him..then,1 year later,i apologized (even though the breakup was both our fault), he also did..he has had other relationships since then.so,i don't get how he can still be resentful towards me..:s

• Show All
    • It's not that he can't cope with it. It's the fact that your the girl that he wants to be with forever. So he is telling you how hurt he was.

• Not all the time, it could be because he couldn't deal with the fact of being dumped and not being the dumper. I've been in a similar situation so it's possible.

• Sounds like he's still resentful about it. If that's the case, why would you want to talk to him in the first place? I don't know the situation, but it probably sounds like a good idea to just cut ties so you can live your life and he lives his too. It's probably healthier that way for everyone involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz he's not over it

0|0
    0|0
  • What did you do? How did it end?

0|0
    0|0
    • See answer above ;)

• In that case, I agree with CrystalMinds comment

Recommended myTakes