A friend of mine is cheating on her fiance, they are long distance, should I say anything to her?

I don't know if it's my place...but I just feel weird about it...I have met her fiance a couple times...they are long distance for now. She has been "making-out" with this other guy...I don't know what else physically...but they spend a lot of time together and both are emotionally invested.She talks about it like it's no big deal...but says she knows it's wrong and she's going to try to break it off with this other guy...he's hung out in a group with the rest of my girlfriends as well.

I'm actually in shock...I haven't said anything...mostly because I just can't believe that's going on. To me that is probably one of the lowest things a person can do...I feel bad because I do know her fiance and I feel uncomfortable when we hang out...knowing he is being cheated on. Any advice?

69

Most Helpful Guy

• If in some small way you alert her fiancé I'm sure you'll feel like you did the right thing, and whenever we feel we've done the right thing to help our fellow-man, we get a special and unique feeling that can't be gotten in any other way. When a person witnesses a criminal act and doesn't report it, and then eventually they catch the offender, there's a chance they could be even charged as an accomplice in some manner because of their unreported knowledge. The least that would happen to them is that they most certainly would be investigated. Well I don't think they'd be found guilty unless It was a very serious crime, but in your case you have to know that your friend can't be trusted and is doing something very wrong. Maybe you could tell your friend you're going to tell her fiancé if you ever become aware again from then on that she hasn't completely stopped. Of course, you could let it run it's course because a person that cheats this much will never be able to keep their commitment in a relationship, so this one will surely come to an end and the finance will certainly find out most of the details. If he doesn't, then you can clue him in on everything you know. If I were you, I'd feel just like you and be all weirded out on this type of thing happening right under my nose. See if you can put a stop to this for your own sanity and well-being, and moral values. Tell this girl to stop this cheating crap or else break up with her fiancé! If she doesn't have the decency to do that, then go ahead and do it for her. I would surely want to know if that was happening to me. Good luck, and know that you're doing the right thing. We can't keep saying that things being done wrong around us are someone else's problems and none of our business. If we keep saying nothing then we become part of the problem. That's why some things keep getting worst and worst. Eventually they hit home.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm thinking about distancing myself from her after hearing about this...It really makes me question her character...which is difficult because she is a good friend and she actually set me up with my BF...I was thinking about asking my Boyfriend what to do...because he knows all of them...but I've kept my mouth shut for the past few months because I don't like spreading gossip...I'm just still in shock because I can't believe someone could do this...it makes me loose faith in people

• I say go ahead and ask your Boyfriend because what you ask him won't be gossip. It'll be asking him for honest advice regarding something that has been bothering you. He'd certainly want to know. Since he knows all of them he's an excellent person to ask for advice, and your being his girlfriend makes him even more so the person to ask. Obviously, your good friend isn't of the character type you thought she was. Don't lose faith in people. Just lose faith in her. You're above her level.