I'm doing the best for my hair right?

I used to straighten my hair almost everyday. At least 5 times a week. I got all the dead ends cut off, and started to stop using heat on my hair. My hair has grown back to the length it was before I cut it, this took 5-6 months. Where as before it took 2 years. Now, I rarely style my hair with heat (at most once a week and use heat protectant), and rarely brush it either (I like the look of it unbrushed compared to brushed.) I blow dry it maybe twice a month. Is there anything else I can do for it? I can't cut out heat styling all together because of certain events etc.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I straighten my hair probably once a week on average and it really doesn't look like my hair gets damaged. In fact I color my hair too and it always looks healthy so you really don't have to feel bad about not cutting heat styling out completely It takes a lot to really end up with super friend damaged hair. Always just use a heat protector spray before heat styling, give your hair a weekly treatment to nourish it and if you want to you can look for vitamins to help strengthen your hair too. I've seen special vitamins in stores that says they're for your hair, skin and nails. I'd love to try them to see if I notice a difference.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• Do you use a flat-iron spray? You spray it right before you straighten your hair. That's helped me a lot cause I straighten my hair everyday, and I don't get nearly as much split ends now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use Moroccan oil on the ends of your hair! It's works wonders. Other than that, I think you're doing all that you can!

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep conditioners are good for your hair, as well as heat protectant spray.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes