Does welfare pay enough to cover all your food expenses?

I'm not talking prime cut steaks every night or anything... but for 3 square meals a day, rice, veggies, fruit, for a 130lb female, is it enough money or will she have to supplement some of her income to pay for the rest? I am wondering because I have no income but would like to get food stamps to help me move out and hopefully will be getting a job soon. I don't want to move out if I can't afford to eat, (I am moving with a friend who will let me stay rent free until I get a job, then I'll pay for the rent I didn't pay him) I am in CA by the way. I was also thinking if I bought from wholesaler markets it would be cheaper, but I'm not sure you can use food stamps for that..

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not get a job, then move out, and you won't have to worry about going on welfare.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Sounds to me like she just wants free money. As far as I'm concerned people who don't have kids and aren't disabled shouldn't even qualify for public assistance.

• because my home is abusive and I'd like to get out as soon as possible.