He cheated...should I stay or do I leave?

My boyfriend cheated on me. He didn't have sex with the girl, but they messed around. He told me right away, like he called me at 3:30 am and asked if he could see me, so I met up with him. He was completely honest and he didn't sugar coat anything. Alcohol was involved and it's not an excuse but he didn't use it as an excuse. He's been completely faithful through our entire relationship up to this point and we've been dating for a year and a half. I really don't know what to do because he's a huge part of my life and I don't want to lose him, but he cheated and nothing can change that. This is the worst feeling in the world. Should I stay and give him a second chance or do I leave?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Dump his ass. Let him rot in his misery of losing you because of his own idiocy. Your relationship is broken. You can glue it back together but nothing will make the crack go away. You may be miserable being single but you'll be even more miserable in a relationship where you can't trust that he is where he says he is or he's with who he says he's with or he's doing what he says he's doing. Alcohol or no, he cheated and it can't ever be fixed.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• So what? He just got a BJ from this girl and then all of a sudden he realized that, OMG some other girl is on my d*ck and its not my gf?! LOL

I dunno..

Next time he goes out, you gonna be okay with it?...

Id say he will probably do this again.. He knew what was going on. Everyone knows what's going on when your drunk.

I don't know you have to really think of this one.

0|0
    0|0
  • bounce. leave that dude. life is too short to deal with drama and bullsh*t. if you love him and I mean truly love him,give him another shot. but if you don't dump him and find someone who will treat you right

1|0
    0|0
  • Leave. The trust is fractured. Does not matter how quickly or how honestly he told you about this, the deed is done. This is a seed that will sprout into a vine of hell if you allow him to be with you from here on out.

If he can have that much of a cloudy judgement while drunk, what else is he capable of and blaming it on alcohol? It's your call, but I would respect myself and walk away.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's possible to work it out but it's not a decision to rush into. Take time, take a step back, and see what happens. Don't force it. It's going to be very hard to trust for a while

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no way I'd forgive a cheat. Leave.

1|0
    0|0
  • On a light note (in an attempt to make you laugh), ask him which position did they f***?

- If it was WOMAN ON TOP, you may trust him because SHE enjoyed more than he did.

- If it was MAN ON TOP, then leave him. He enjoyed more.

- It it was MIX of two, well leave him. Because when got tired, he let her do the exercise.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• yes , forgive him , cause he is honest and really seems that he regrets it . let it go , we are humans and we make mistakes , give him a chance and he will be so happy and most probably will appreciate you more that ever

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't know. I think you should break up with him. Thank him for his honesty and explain that you don't want to have this in the back of your mind for the rest of the relationship. Life is too short! Maybe the two of you can come back together some time in the future when he matures a little bit.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd leave him I won't tolerate a man who cheats . Just shows if he lost control once he'll lose it again. I wouldn't ever be able to trust him. If he wants a loyal woman he has to be loyal in return

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe he genuinely did make a mistake if he called you straight away. But I am afraid you are going to have to leave him. Trust me you will never get over this. Think about if you stay. First you will have to build all that trust up again, then you will probably be checking on what he is doing. If you ever have an argument down the line, this will always be brought up.

Plus there is always the question of why could he not be faithful and refuse. If he felt she was coming on to him he should have gotten up and walked away.

For your own sake, you deserve better treatment, leave.

0|0
    0|0
  • LEAVE! GTFO! once a cheater always a cheater! by ex boyfriend did the same exact thing. such a jerk

1|0
    0|0
  • Give him a second chance, but make him grovel a bit and let him know just deeply he hurt you, and let him know that this is his last chance.

0|0
    1|0
  • i would give him a second chanc becuase he did it right away but I would sill think that what if he excused himself with alcohol but then was sober enough to come to you and tell you everything, so thinking it over again I think you shouldn't give him a chance.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes