Are we suppose to just accept it?

My mom raised my sister and I as a single mom after my dad cheated on her. I asked my dad what happened and he told me they use to fight a lot. I'm starting to think that she was fighting with him about coming home late and stuff like that. He stayed with the woman he had the affair with and they have a family. He is there for them and he bought them a house and tries to be a good dad. They seem happy I guess. My dad still cheats until this day. His wife I'm sure is not surprised since he cheated with her. She still calls him constantly at my grandmothers house or anywhere else. I guess she knows he's cheating but still wants him home. My sister and her husband have three beautiful girls. She found out he cheated once and she forgave him. He is those type of guys that believes that all men pretty much cheat. I feel that he will teach this to my nieces and they should just be satisfied with how it is. I have noticed that his friends do the same so it's encouraged. He still loves his daughters very much though and loves my sister I guess in his own way. My sister has got to the point where she turns the other cheek. I told her about my recent boyfriend that cheated on me and she said you'll be okay.

Than I said well it's better than prentending. She seemed very uncomfortable and seemed like that is on the back of her head all the time. I have got cheated on twice and broke it off with both guys. The recent one did love me still and had done a lot for me when we were together. I broke up with him because I had no trust in him anymore. I have heard there are men that will be faithful. It seems though that even when they aren't faithful they still love their family. I'm surrounded by all these marriages that have lasted by men who themselves have said that men cheat. All these marriages and relationships feel like playing pretend to me. I also read that men aren't as likely to leave their wife if they are happy with them. They'll have affairs but they feel that love and connection only with her.I just don't know anymore I guess I'm starting to think it's the way it is. So is this the way it is?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• i hope not. I don't think my dad cheats but he and my mom are not happy from what I see. they don't realize I can see right through it all and I think my siblings and I would have been happier knowing the truth

• As sad as it is for me to say this parents lie to their kids. My three youngest sisters on my dad's side don't know anything about what happened. My dad got sick and started saying that he regrets things he's done but my young sister didn't know what he was talking about. I have never told them anything and my youngest sister asked my older sister and my sister didn't say anything either.They have never told them about it because they obviously don't want to be seen in another light.