Dumped for losing abs, should I even bother?

So, I was recently dumped by my girlfriend of 5 months, and well, the reason she dumped me is because when we first got together I had some decent abs, I wasn't "Ripped" but they were there.

Now, I've let the abs go, I've decided to focus more on my job and less on how "yummy" I am, after all I want to be able to support myself and get out of this small unit I'm currently living in, my ex said that I should have focussed on getting more money and keeping the look, but of course that wouldn't leave any time for her, which she brushed off.

My friend who is pretty chunky (who she would hit if he ever tried to come in the house) says that girls are all like this, who see men as disposable walking ATMs and dildos, of course he used to be pretty fit too until a series of bad breakups which made him stress-eat.

My real question is... should I even bother going on with dating? again and again the same sh*t happens, I find a girl, we date for awhile, then something happens like I can't take her to a big expensive restaurant, or I won't take her on a shopping spree, or I want to go out without her to a best friend's birthday party (getting the gang back together like the old days) and more, I've never cheated on or hit any girl I've ever dated, never done any of that.

Girls, tell me, just look deep down inside yourself and honestly answer me... is this what you are? is this how you see men? as walking ATMs and dildos? because from my own personal experience and the experience of several of my friends, that's how I've come to imagine it how you see us.
Well see guys, I have dated girls of all stripes, girls who say "size doesn't matter" and girls who ay they love men for who they are...

then I would take my shirt off on a hot day or to go for a swim or coming out of the shower or something, and their personality would just change, they were all over me, but the moment I would really relax she would say things like I'm not the same person and I don't care about her and all that if I let myself go.

Also I have decided to put on weight, I don't want me being in shape to make girls attracted to my appearance alone, I have decided I'm gonna balloon a bit and grow a goatee, If a girl wants to go out with me, then she's a good one and she won't be doing it for the body :)

89

Most Helpful Guy

• Look man, I don't wanna' kick you while you're down but...She sounds like her shallowness shouldv'e been obvious. How you didn't see this coming is kinda concerning. You're pretty young so don't let it discourage you. It's that people like her just like to use other, she just saw you as high end hand bag. It always about her, never about you. In the end, you are the one chasing these type of girls 'am I right?

Trust me not all women are like this. It seems like you want an actual relationship. People like her have no idea what an healthy relationship entails.

I'm assuming she was a pretty attractive girl? Always got plenty of male attention? Let me give you a hint. Most (75-90%) really, really "hot" chicks under 20-25 are pretty much the worst people in the world. They rarely get called on their sh*t by anyone.

Keep dating and stop make girls think your worth is based on money, status, abs.

In fact, lie and tell them you're a broke janitor with an old ass Chevy pickup lol.

good luck.