Is it worth breaking up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend always refers to his long term girlfriends as that - girlfriend. He refers to me as his girlfriend as well, but I just can't help but feel used when he still calls them girlfriend. I finally asked him why he calls them that and he said it doesn't mean anything. I said it must because they are no longer his girlfriends, that's why there's the term "ex-girlfriend". He says he just forgets. Which sounds lame to me.

The only reason I think I am with him is because he is serious about me.

He also gave me a promise ring, which didn't fit. This was like two days ago.. I was surprised but happy at the same time..

We are talking about moving in together, but I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with my boyfriend and I can't help but feel disrespected in that way.

I don't want all of this to be a lie. I don't want to be cheated or left for his exes. He says he was hung up on his ex but ever since he met me he doesn't even think about her.

Should I leave him? We've only been together for about four months. He really doesn't want me to leave him. He just hugs me and says no one compares to me and even asks for a kiss but I refuse to kiss him! It's awkward. Sometimes I get mad but he doesn't leave without a kiss :(

Also, he's 25 and I'm 21.

I feel like I am not in the same level as he is because of him having serious past relationships with girls that he loved and had feelings for. I never had any serious past relationships. He is my first but I want him to commit to me and leave his past behind . I don't want to end up getting hurt. Another thing: This relationship wasn't exactly my dream relationship.. He wasn't a virgin when I started dating him; but I was. Not that big a deal though. He doesn't have a job, but I do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You're getting hung up on the past. If anything, concern yourself with the present situation. You've only been together 4 months and already moving in together? My husband & I didn't live together until we had dated a good while, and even then, we both put a Lt of thought into it. Also, why are yo going to live with someone who is unemployed? Get your individual lives straight first, hash out your relationship issues, let go of the past, and this will help the progress. Also, don't harp on his past. It will cause more trouble than it's worth. Remember, he comes home to you, so you're all that matters to him. Plus, it's just semantics. You're dong typical girl stuff by reading too much into words.