Taking a "break" or being a coward

Recently my boyfriend & I have been having a lot of drama ( about a week), over the past. Anyway, Saturday he was telling me how much he loves me, wants to work it out...Come Monday distant, by Tuesday morning he said, he's just been thinking a lot...Between work, possibly moving, him & I...and all our drama, he feels different toward us...maybe we need a break BUT lets talk about it tonight, let's discuss it, I'm not going anywhere ...dont stress. I just agreed...no tears, why's or but's and hung up. By noon yesterday, I decided no discussion needed. I blocked him from phone, social media...if he needs a break, door wide open. I don't need a special talk. So, I flipped it on him. Tired of all the bull sH*t lately.

But now I'm second guessing if I did the right thing? Guys, girls ...what are your thoughts? I also want to know if he even cares...should I just hear what he has to say regardless?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see why you feel there's so much drama between all the changes he went through in just a few days. Only you can say if it was the right thing to do to throw him out of your life. I rather doubt that he doesn't care about you. That doesn't seem to be the source of the problem. I think it was a mistake to not hear him out if you didn't mean to throw him out of your life. If you intended to break up with him, would hearing him out have made any difference?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Usually "breaks" are just lengthy break-ups from people who really don't want the relationship to end, but can't help seeing that it is going to happen. Plus a lot of couples that do "Breaks" end up having flings during the breaks and the other one finds out later on. If all you do is fight in your relationship, just end it.

0|0
    0|0
  • What if’s are ghosts of a relationship. See what he has to say, you’ll find out if he ever cared and you will at least be able to ask questions.

Your a woman who already knows this it all works out no matter matter the out come.

Thoughts are with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is he a coward?

It's not cowardice to stop subjecting yourself to unnecessary angst and drama from a woman. It's just being smart. And judging by how you reacted, he might be making a wise choice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks...more like drama he brought upon himself. He was recently caught lying about other women, thus the drama and fighting. Thank you for the feedback though ;)

• If he was lying about other women--and I'm assuming that means he was hitting on other women/sexting/going on dates, then why not break up?

What Girls Said 2

• Hey, I think you might be looking past the fact that he did tell you he'd like to talk and try to work things out. I don't know anything about your relationship or the type of person your boyfriend is, but I have been through a similar situation with my boyfriend. I know you might be hurt/mad, but he did tell you that he loves you and wants to talk to you to work things out. I personally don't think taking a break away from each other would necessarily solve your problem, but the space might help you both think clearly. IF you love each other then have that talk, listen to where each other is coming from.Maybe you could hear him out and see what he have to tell you, and from there I am sure you will know if you want to have a future with him or not. If there is no respectful communication then there is no real relationship.. At the end of your question you asked you'd like to know if he even cares, but honey I think you should re-read your question, better yet go talk to him .. if you'd like to talk about it you can message me if you'd like...

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaks can be okay, as long as they stem from what is regarded as too much passion, not indifference as I think is the case here. Sounds like a wimpy break-up to me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes