If your boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on you, would you give them a 2nd chance?

If your boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on you, would you give them a 2nd chance?

For me its a no Because nothing will be the same anymore,...

What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• dang these questions lol….

look, I love my boyfriend to bits and pieces, he is my universe….but I could never forgive him for doing something like that. I will tell you now I know id try 110% to forgive him and move past it, but it would be so painfully difficult. id let him go cuz

1. id b shattered, more shattered than angry

2. I'm not cheap- I hav value and will not b someones 'lady on the side'

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Im in thay situation right now..I always told myself if that happened I wouldn't give a second chance but right now idk..u see I was told by my gf's enemy that she cheated on me during the summer..they use to be friends until my friend told that girls boyfriend that she was cheating on him. .so I don't know if that girl said that to ruin us as revenge or if she's really telling the truth..my girlfriend denies it..I just don't kno what to believe and it seems I don't trust her at all anymore

2|0
    0|0
    • Maybe you didn't trust her from the beginning! Don't believe what others tell you, specially an enemy...but try to be sure , you have to be sure

• Ive given a second chance once

Still the results where the same. Still I was the fool that decided to try again and see if she was true to her words but knowing it would happen again made it a lot easier

And I don't do 3rd chances

1|1
    0|0
  • Cheating shows you have no respect for that person and are basically spitting on them. Also shows you suck as a person to, and can't be trusted. Loyalty and honesty is king.

Even when I'm drinking and ƒucked up at a party or out, I know better. You can't use that as an excuse.

Thats why some people just need to stay friends with benefits rather then be in a relationship because they can't commit or just don't want to.

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

If someone cheats on their significant other, it is the penultimate way of saying that the person being cheated on isn't good enough for the person doing the cheating. It can't be taken back, intimate relations were already had. The person doing the cheating (usually) wouldn't want to be caught, so it's a conscious act of pure dishonesty, betrayal, and giving in to temptation.

I exhibit a zero-tolerance policy for such behavior. If this happened to me, I would inform her of the following on the first offense:

* She is no longer my girlfriend; no if's, and's, or but's; my decision is final.

* There will be no taking her back.

* She will have 7 days to retrieve her belongings from my house (or 30 days to find another place to live if she lived with me) and notified that further presence will result in trespassing charges.

* Following that, all communications via phone, text, and social media will be blocked, and further communications may result in harassment charges.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You *may* be able to forgive, but you'll never forget. You've destroyed the trust. That may take years, if ever to rebuild the trust. They, obviously, don't care about you, so why not move on and find someone who does?

1|0
    0|0
  • No = your trust in them can never be repaired.

Yes = you have low self-esteem and don't think you can do any better if they left.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would have to depend on the circumstances a bit, but overall no. Cheating is pretty damn awful; betrayal is hard to come back from.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Make your mistakes, but no second chances."

1|1
    0|0
  • No

1|0
    0|0
  • No never

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex cheated on me and I gave it thought about giving them a 2nd chance but between her trying to justify why it was OK to do that and her admitting she knew how much it hurt me. I just knew I could never trust her again.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe, but not right away. There's a difference between "taking them back" and giving them a 2nd chance in my opinion.

Right after the cheating happens, no you absolutely shouldn't take them back. Cheating is a two-way street, the person who did the cheating wasn't happy with something in the relationship therefore they cheated (whether that was the right decision is another topic altogether). Jumping back into that same relationship, things will be the same. You'll be mistrustful, the thing that the other person didn't like which made them cheat will probably still be there, it'll all go downhill again now doubt.

BUT, let's say you break up. You go your separate ways, date other people, and actually take and have the time to reflect on that relationship and why it ended the way it did. Then, months or years later you meet again. You've forgiven the cheating of the past, you've both grown and matured and realized that there's still an attraction, a spark there. THEN if you really want to, you can give them a 2nd chance and it'll be a fresh new relationship.

Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't know why, but I have always believed in second chances , but at the same time I am a forgiver by nature ,

0|0
    1|1
  • Hell no..

1|1
    0|0
  • I highly doubt it

0|0
    0|0
  • no, I don't think so. trust is a big thing for me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes